PDA

View Full Version : Question about Standard battle size

AramilSairSianontel
16-06-2010, 09:49
So i wanted to ask the people who had a chance to look at the new book- does it say anything about a standard pts limit, ideal for battles? I mean in
7th edition we used to play 2000-2250 pts battles (i know there are ppl out there who will say: my standard was 10000 pts- good for you guys, this thread is not for you) does any of you guys know if it changes to 3000, 2999 more or less, stays the same, etc etc?

thanks in advance.

jayzerus
16-06-2010, 10:53
Didn't really hint at much in the text, to be honest. However most, if not all, of the sample games that were played to provide the pictures were of large armies.

Personally, I think the general consensus may be to trend towards higher point games (3000 pts). The number of same rares and specials doubles at 3000 points. It will also be better for taking larger units, which I think will also be more of a trend.

But again, there was nothing written in the book that specifically made me think that higher point games will become the new standard.

mrtn
16-06-2010, 11:29
The 7th edition rules doesn't say anything about the ideal size of games. That's decided by peer pressure, and not the rule book.

willowdark
16-06-2010, 12:53
2000 pts is the optimum points size for competitive gaming, like tournaments. That standard exists because in an all day event you can play several games at that size while having access to at least one of the coolest things in your book, like Sorcerer Lords and Dragon Riders, as well as some array of slightly less cool but still awesome things like Warmachines without competing with core requirements.

Time will tell if 2000 pt games will still conform to those standards. I've been of the opinion that 3000 pt games will be more comfortable for 'competitive' gaming.