PDA

View Full Version : Gut Magic - An 8E question

autowaaagh
16-06-2010, 13:00
Pardon if this has been brought up, but I could not find it. Does anyone know (rumor or from actually seeing the new book) if the OK's gut magic is changed in the new edition?

I'm assuming that the PD/DD generation is standard, but is that really the only change? Do my butchers still know all their spells, casting them as they used to, and using their own miscast table?

Ultimate Life Form
16-06-2010, 13:05
This will possibly be addressed in the erratum and is unknown as of yet. Though I don't really see what they'd need to change, it would work under the new rules.

theorox
16-06-2010, 14:24
Yeah, we all have to wait for the errata. My orcs & goblins are curious too! :D

Theo :chrome:

Cordantheman
17-06-2010, 13:56
I know this might be a hard fact to swallow for some, but I don't think the current "race based" Lores are going to change much till you get a new book and the erratas sound like they are just going to be FAQs that are going to explain rule confusion more than change army rules, point costs, or anything else people seem to be pleading for...

Gut Magic is good the way it is and is probably one of the strongest (if not, the strongest) unit-enhancing lores imho...

Tykinkuula
17-06-2010, 16:56
probably one of the strongest (if not, the strongest) unit-enhancing lores imho...
SOMEbody hasn't taken a peek at the rumor topic it seems. My condolences for all army-spesific lores.

minionboy
17-06-2010, 18:53
Gut magic works just fine as written in regards to how the 8th edition magic system works. Nothing in Gut magic contradicts the rulebook.

On the very good side now though, a caster can still cast more spells after casting a RIP, so OK magic will still be very nice.

Mercules
17-06-2010, 22:18
Gutmagic Spells are not RiP, never were.

CrownAxe
18-06-2010, 07:08
SOMEbody hasn't taken a peek at the rumor topic it seems. My condolences for all army-spesific lores.

What are you talking about?

stripsteak
18-06-2010, 07:48
What are you talking about?

I'm guessing he is referring to the base lores getting more powerful in 8th edition. both in just having better spells and each base lore comes with a special bonus.

Jericho
18-06-2010, 21:43
There are some pretty amazing Augment/Hex spells in the new brb, stuff like drastically boosting or reducing a unit's statline. Or allowing a unit to use their Ld as their S value. Yeah, Black Guard supported by Shadow magic will be gross :p