PDA

View Full Version : Deep Striking...Inquisitors?

Lord Asgul
16-06-2010, 23:26
Has anyone thought of deep striking 3 inquisitors just to shout "NOBODY EXPECTS THE IMPERIAL INQUISITION!!!!"

I'm thinking of doing this now, after a random facebook incident... :D

chromedog
16-06-2010, 23:32
Nope. It's just you, I think.

Around here, with 4 inquisition players, EVERYONE expects them, so their main weapon of Fear and Surprise (their TWO main weapons ...) are not really weapons.

Lord Asgul
16-06-2010, 23:36
I thought they had 3 chief weapons (fear, surprise and unflinching loyality to the EMPEROR!).

Lord Inquisitor
16-06-2010, 23:38
Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor and nice red uniforms, oh damn!

Bunnahabhain
16-06-2010, 23:39
Although, to be fair, the only way I can think of deep striking an Inquisitor is to push them out of the back of a Valkyrie, which few people would expect you to do. Not sure about fear, but definite surprise, and I'm sure there is a fluffy cushion somewhere in their wargear lists...

EDIT. The fluffy cushion is almost a substitute for grav 'chute, or control devices for your rappelling lines....

Lord Asgul
16-06-2010, 23:42
Maybe they would hide in a terrain piece

Lord Inquisitor
16-06-2010, 23:43
Nice red Terminator armour?

Lord Asgul
16-06-2010, 23:45
YES!!! It will have to have nice red robes too!

Dwane Diblie
17-06-2010, 00:45
Do not forget the penetent engin with the comfy chair!

Hellebore
17-06-2010, 02:02
How about 2 lord inquisitors and 3 inquisitors in terminator armour with psycannons deepstriking? Could make a mess...

Hellebore

Xyrex
17-06-2010, 03:27
HAHA I love the idea,
"Captain, open the rear hatch!"
"Why?"
"I'm deepstriking!"
"(wtf) Wait... you're jumping out of the Valkyrie... without a parachute?"
"THE EMPEROR IS MY PARACHUTE...
(jump)
...FOR THE EMPEROR!!!!"
(splat)
"SIR! THE INQUISITOR SCATTERED ONTO A SQUAD OF NURGLINGS AND ROLLED A 6 ON THE MISHAP TABLE!"
"****"

don_mondo
17-06-2010, 11:35
How about 2 lord inquisitors and 3 inquisitors in terminator armour with psycannons deepstriking? Could make a mess...

Hellebore

Inq Lords couldn't do it due to the mandatory retinues.

Lord Asgul
17-06-2010, 12:22
How about 3 red-robed Inquisitor Lords deep striking in a drop pod. The drop pod is also red.

jamesterjlrb
17-06-2010, 12:25
HAHA I love the idea,
"Captain, open the rear hatch!"
"Why?"
"I'm deepstriking!"
"(wtf) Wait... you're jumping out of the Valkyrie... without a parachute?"
"THE EMPEROR IS MY PARACHUTE...
(jump)
...FOR THE EMPEROR!!!!"
(splat)
"SIR! THE INQUISITOR SCATTERED ONTO A SQUAD OF NURGLINGS AND ROLLED A 6 ON THE MISHAP TABLE!"
"****"

I think you mean a 1 :smug:

ehlijen
17-06-2010, 13:31
I'd really like for Inquisitors to be able to take droppods. But can they by the rules?

Lord Inquisitor
17-06-2010, 13:49
I think you mean a 1 :smug:
No, 6 is right because ... Then he'd have to come in again... :D

LonelyPath
17-06-2010, 14:38
All of my Inquisitorial henchmen have some item of red clothing. Then again, so do my Deathcult assassins when I'm desperate to use them (normally as acolytes with 2 CCWs and meltabombs). Gotta love the Red Shirts.

Cluveru
17-06-2010, 14:45
Something for inspiration (shamelessly borrowed from MadCowCrazy at heresy-online):

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/893/inquisitors.jpg

meno1
18-06-2010, 02:25
What about a Tardis-like machine some radical Inquisitor found?

*Woosh-woosh-woosh-woosh*
Chaos Marine: "Do you hear that sound?"
Aspiring Champion: "We all hear the voices! Get over it!"
*Woosh-woosh-woosh*
CM: "No it's...different"
*Inquisitor bursts out of a weird looking box which suddenly materialises*
Inq.: DIE TRAITOROUS SCUM!

Maybe it's just me watching too much Dr. Who...

IcedAnimals
18-06-2010, 10:03
I am taking a list tomorrow that will now include an inquisitor lord, 3 elite inquisitors and as many crusaders as I can take. So that I can deep strike them at my enemy.

Lord Asgul
18-06-2010, 21:50
I'm thinking of making the Inquisitor retinue into other characters from the Monty Python films and the Flying Circus too.

carldooley
18-06-2010, 23:02
sorry, as far as I'll go is a Mystical Inquisitor Lord in an Scouting LR in my Creed IG list.

MadCowCrazy
18-06-2010, 23:08
How can you deepstrike an Inquisitor? He doesnt have scout, infiltrate or jump pack so how can he deepstrike?

carldooley
18-06-2010, 23:12
How can you deepstrike an Inquisitor? He doesnt have scout, infiltrate or jump pack so how can he deepstrike?

DH inquisitors can take Terminator Armor, which confers the ability with the purchase. Add to that the fact that as Independent Characters, they can join a squad that is taking Drop Pods. Lastly, in an IG army valkyries and vendettas are non dedicated transports with both the Scout and Deepstrike special rules. add to that, as above Creed confers Scout to one unit in his army, which can be a transport (like my LR) or an Imperator Class Titan (hence all the jokes about the outflanking superheavies).

**edit** forgot to mention that WH inquisitors can take Jump Packs also, which also confers the Deepstrike special rule.

Aww, I got excited for a moment there, but then checked and Jump Packs are Sororitas heroines only. :(
or not ;)

Lathaon
18-06-2010, 23:33
**edit** forgot to mention that WH inquisitors can take Jump Packs also, which also confers the Deepstrike special rule.

Aww, I got excited for a moment there, but then checked and Jump Packs are Sororitas heroines only. :(