PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Chimera and Greater Fire Dragon...

minionboy
17-06-2010, 08:34
So, I noticed that these two creatures were not listed as "Large Targets" on the summary page.

Is there something I missed, or are these many wound monstrosities really compact in size?

phoenixguard09
17-06-2010, 08:51
I have to ask what on Earth are you taking this from?

minionboy
17-06-2010, 09:41
I have to ask what on Earth are you taking this from?

The 8th edition rulebook? It's that thing everyone is talking about, coming out next month, and is largely viewable at many FLGS and GW stores.

To make my question more clear, the other monstrous forms that the Lore of Beasts lets you take, specifically state Large Target (i.e. Black Hydra) in their stat summary, and the only two missing that distinction are the Mountain Chimera and Greater Fire Dragon. Is it possible that the W10 Chimera and W8 Dragon are not large targets?

Tykinkuula
17-06-2010, 10:08
If they don't have large target in their profile, they aren't large targets, at least until the FAQ. Simple.

On a side note; WHATTHEHECK did they DO to LoB wow gief my slann some nau!

phoenixguard09
19-06-2010, 08:16
Indeed I have not had the chance of actually seeing the book yet.

Anyway yes if its not listed as a Large Target then it is not a Large Target.

So um how many wounds does each have anyway?

maaksel
19-06-2010, 08:24
Indeed I have not had the chance of actually seeing the book yet.

Anyway yes if its not listed as a Large Target then it is not a Large Target.

So um how many wounds does each have anyway?

I believe the biggest one has 8 across the board

Orcboy_Phil
19-06-2010, 09:01
Yeah its not that big (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/Warhammer_Monsters/WARHAMMER-FIRE-DRAGON.html)

minionboy
20-06-2010, 04:35
I believe the biggest one has 8 across the board

Mountain Chimera has 10 wounds, the greater fire dragon has 8 (and is mostly 8's). The other lesser forms had the Large Target rule, but not the two biggest.

Paraelix
20-06-2010, 05:30
What does it matter? Large Target only affect shooting at it... And it can sit inside a unit...

LoS is affected by the actual model, as sight is drawn from it's "eyes".

phoenixguard09
20-06-2010, 09:15
Oh bloody hell. I'd say that's an oversight. How you can suffer from oversights when talking about massive dragons...?

theorox
20-06-2010, 11:20
Oh bloody hell. I'd say that's an oversight. How you can suffer from oversights when talking about massive dragons...?

That's funny because you can't see "over" dragons! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:D

Theo

Paraelix
20-06-2010, 11:22

Again... Why? Do you read posts?

phoenixguard09
21-06-2010, 03:43
Of course I read posts. That's why I'm replying to yours. :D

I was just contributing my opinion. Seriously man. No need to get confrontational.

Tomalock
21-06-2010, 05:23
But if he doesn't get confrontational how will he vent his nerd rage? You won't like him when he's angry....

I'll have to go back and reread it, but if you are on a large target as the general or BSB your command range is increased to 18 inches. I'm not sure if they specifiy whether you get that if you become a large target, at which point it very much does matter which creature you turn into in some cases. Its an interesting thought, will try to remember to check tomorrow.

Paraelix
21-06-2010, 05:44
Of course I read posts. That's why I'm replying to yours. :D

I was just contributing my opinion. Seriously man. No need to get confrontational.

What is the point of giving it "Large Target"?

phoenixguard09
21-06-2010, 06:25
Its the principle of the thing.

Eumerin
21-06-2010, 20:46
Large Targets don't get cover modifiers against shooting from obstacles.

So yes, it could be important.

Paraelix
22-06-2010, 01:55
Large Targets don't get cover modifiers against shooting from obstacles.

So yes, it could be important.

Not when he is standing in the middle of a unit >_>

I tend not to run mages around alone...

Eumerin
22-06-2010, 09:44
Not when he is standing in the middle of a unit >_>

I tend not to run mages around alone...

The BRB has that "sniper" ability that allows you to pick specific models out of a unit... I'm guessing that there's currently only one model in the game that can take advantage of that, but if a unit with one of those was up against a fence, it might be important if there was a sniper around.

:P

Or if the unit got shot out from under the "bigger than usual" model.