PDA

View Full Version : Capture and Control

The Ginger Ninja
17-06-2010, 10:59
Today I had another game of capture and control and it was draw. As far as I can remember, I have yet to see someone win/lose a capture and control game, and I was wondering, how many C&C games (for you) end up in a draw?

Lord Damocles
17-06-2010, 11:01
I maybe win 50%, draw 25% and lose 25%.

I very rarely actually take the opponant's objective, but just content myself with turning their scoring units into a paste.

Kurisu313
17-06-2010, 11:01
Lots and lots are draws.

However, I did win my latest battle report which was Capture and Control

I quite like it, though. It makes it quite balanced and you have to work hard to win it.

[SD] Bob Plisskin
17-06-2010, 11:04
Target priority changes with the mission type. As stated above, you win if you kill their scoring units.

Hypaspist
17-06-2010, 11:05
Similar experiences with C&C, the majority are draws, due to the ease of contesting, and a small amount of wins and losses from these missions.
I agree with Kurisu though, I feel much better about a C&C victory, because I know i've been made to work that much harder for it :)
The reverse is of course true... those losses sting just a little more than normal.

destroyerlord
17-06-2010, 11:14
Well I don't play very often, but I haven't had a draw yet. I won a ~500 point battle 'Nids vs marines with only one temagaunt left on my objective, opponent had no troops left, so that was really close to being a draw.
Actually I played a 1500 point battle a little while back chaos marine vs 'nids and I won with only one marine standing on the center objective again... So again only one model from being a draw. Guess I'm just lucky?

hawo0313
17-06-2010, 11:25
too be honest I'm quite a new player and rarely play C&C however I usually play against an ork, an eldar and a death guard player all of which are better than me so I usually lose however against eldar (being so few on troops) usually they struggle to capture objectives and are usually draws

Erwos
17-06-2010, 11:31
It's easy to win objectives missions against people who aren't quite up to speed on them, or still haven't figured out they have a slow army.

It is _hard_ to win them against people who know what they're doing.

spekkiebig
17-06-2010, 11:50
I rarely see draws on capture & control at our club.

PrivateLucky
17-06-2010, 14:51
In my experience I try to defend my objective and contest thiers. If i can i destroy all thier troops and only a few times have i actually captured their objective and mine and that was only because of a trygon and hormaguants that came out afterwards. I see many games that i dont play in end up in draws though.

Axeman1n
17-06-2010, 15:51
The problem I have with C&C missions is you can never lose if you destroy your opponents Troop/scoring units. They can still (and often do) contest all the objectives on the last turn.

Like most games of 40k it comes down to army composition and the first die roll. Going 2nd will give you the best chance of winning a C&C mission. At the very least you can go for a tie with little chance of a loss.

That is why I'd like to push for scoring objectives during each of your opponents turns. Then totally all the points to see who wins the fight.

Devastator
17-06-2010, 16:29
meh C&C games are rubbish after tiberian wars
.....wait what?

IcedAnimals
17-06-2010, 23:18
If either play is GOING for a draw then it will happen. However if both players are actually trying for a win then it ends up one of them usually does.

I actually lost a C and C game just recently because I went big or went home.

LonelyPath
17-06-2010, 23:21
I always play to get a draw at the worst, which is usually the result I get half the time.

Forgotmytea
18-06-2010, 08:10
I seem to find them a lot easier to do better than a draw when using my mech Eldar rather than my Necrons :p

Thud
18-06-2010, 10:49
I always win in capture and control because I'm awesome. :cool:

Baragash
18-06-2010, 12:05
I haven't actually played to a draw in a C&C game yet.

Nithrom
18-06-2010, 14:07
Bah I dont like this 1, against friends I usually draw. Went to a tournie and lost both of the C&C I played. Mainly due to a 'lash' deamon prince!!!!! :cries:

Zurken
18-06-2010, 15:41
I almost never play it. I don't like the concept of only win, draw or lose, so I play custom mission where you score 0-20 points. Almost no tournaments around here uses the missions from the rule book either, the deployment types are good, but the missions are rubish.

Vaktathi
18-06-2010, 19:40
Between two roughly evenly matched armies with good players? Probably only 25% result in a win/loss and not a draw.

Between mismatched armies and players? Then maybe 33% draws.

TheSanityAssassin
18-06-2010, 21:31
I tend to throw myself heavily at a foes objective, and then fling something back to tie up my own/blast his scoring units off it. Usually goes alright for me, as a lot of people don't expect such a heavy attack, but occasionally it gets me crushed. Almost never results in a draw though.

Probably not the "smartest" way to play it I know, but I have a lot more fun that way. Hence why my Mechdar army went on to the shelf and I'm playing with my Word Bearers.