PDA

View Full Version : Dark Millennium Online

Gustovic
17-06-2010, 10:45
Wow, just wow.
http://www.darkmillenniumonline.com/

EndGame
17-06-2010, 11:19
Well, my low expectations have been shot to hell...

That was incredible!

baphomael
17-06-2010, 11:21
Oh my. It has titans and everything :|

Vrenel
17-06-2010, 11:28
Seems they're heading in the right direction with the art-style and certain parts of the gameplay as well.
Pretty early on to say, but seems like a hit, the vehicles look awesome.
Always nice to have another 40k game to look forward to. :)

Haunter!
17-06-2010, 11:37
I will buy this game just to be able to buzz around in a deff kopta.

Gustovic
17-06-2010, 11:58
I hope that there wont be only SM and CSM, that would be boring.
I really hope that if there'll be guardsmen, there'll be also vehicles and other stuff (yes, I absolutely want to pilot a Leman Russ).
Titans? Mmhhh, maybe there'll be also the AdMech as playable PG's.

Thanatos_elNyx
17-06-2010, 12:15
AFAIK the races they are starting with are
Space Marines, Guard and Eldar
Vs Chaos, and Orks.

More to be added after release.

Ghost of War
17-06-2010, 12:28
I would love to be a Dark Reaper... or a Striking Scorpion. I really hope they put in Scorpions with this game. It always makes me sad to see that they never hit a 40k computer game.

maybe they will doctor them up like witch elves in warhammer online. Wait... witch elves die in droves.. errr

Wraith Phoenix
17-06-2010, 12:57
If I'm not mistaken, what this is...

IS A SQUAD BASED MMO!

reminds me of the ground missions from star trek online, just done better.

SylverClaw
17-06-2010, 13:04
If I'm not mistaken, what this is...

IS A SQUAD BASED MMO!

reminds me of the ground missions from star trek online, just done better.

Your mistaken.

Go have a look at the interviews or the talk they gave (linked from the thread in computers section) they state that DoW has been an inspiration but this is absolutely going to be an RPG telling, in their words, one guy's story.

wickedvoodoo
17-06-2010, 13:05
Hmmm very interesting.

I have yet to ever be truly taken with a mmo game. This could be the first. I am really hoping that they put more effort into an actual team play element and less into pointless character leveling.

Here's hoping.

Jedi152
17-06-2010, 13:08
It looks nice. If i wasn't completely against MMO's i'd have been tempted.

KrisPicman
17-06-2010, 13:42
yeah they had better make it a more team orientated game and not just group good with good and evil with evil. Like orks and chaos having a tea party or somthing and inviting their mutual friend the ultramarine for biscuts. They have a golden opportunity to broaden the market of GW merchandise exponentially, but they'll most likely make it just like wow, allow characters to mix and a few months after its release it will be found in the 20$ and under bin at your local game stop. My point is keep the game fluffy. Keep the grim/dark in it. DONT MAKE IT WOW 40K! I REPEAT DO NOT MAKE THIS GAME SIMILAR TO WOW AT ALL except for it being a RPG.

Ghostwolf
17-06-2010, 13:58
I imagine classes will be along the lines of:

Space Marines:
Marine
Apothecary
Chaplain
Techmarine
NO Librarians (seeing as it's BT's)
Male characters only

Imperial Guard
Guardsman
Sanctioned Psyker
Tech Priest Engineseer
Male or female choice

Eldar
Guardian
Aspect warrior
Warlock
Male or female choice

Chaos Space Marine
Renegade
Berserker
Sorcerer
Male characters only

Chaos Cultist/Renegade
Trooper
Untaimed psyker
Mutant
Male or female choice

Daemons
Bloodletter
Plague Bearer
Horror
Daemonette

Orks
Ork Boy
Weirdboy
Grot
actual sub-classes will probably change as you re-gear

Thanatos_elNyx
17-06-2010, 14:02
Your mistaken.

Go have a look at the interviews or the talk they gave (linked from the thread in computers section) they state that DoW has been an inspiration but this is absolutely going to be an RPG telling, in their words, one guy's story.

There is no reason it couldn't be (Not saying it is).
STO is a good example of 1 Character with what amount to glorified pets.

Mechdra
17-06-2010, 14:16
Need Tau and Dark Eldar. I wonder, will the Orks grow larger as they level up.

tuesday_the_pixie
17-06-2010, 14:18
Can you be a dreadnought? :O

vlorlich
17-06-2010, 15:14
Correct me if I am wrong here but from what I can see its going to be two sided with a 3rd AI controlled faction (Nids). If this is true and it is only two sided then its doomed to fall into the same rut that many other PVP games have fallen into. When one side dominates the weaker side loses players. I don't care how much people spout off how hardcore they will be, there are always dozens of other players who jump ship for another server. I really hope they add a third player controlled faction.

Plus... I will go Eldar and I HATE the Imperium... I would rather kill them as well as Chaos and Orks.

Mike3791
17-06-2010, 15:36
There is already a warseer thread for this under "computers and consoles" in the warseer techroom

dala_karn
17-06-2010, 15:41
i was expecting more hive ganger or rouge trader. i'll disaprove it you can be space marines and guardsmen able to act to their own accord and not in a squad or regiment. and i hope Nids or Necron are never a choice as a race.

Mike3791
17-06-2010, 15:52
i was expecting more hive ganger or rouge trader. i'll disaprove it you can be space marines and guardsmen able to act to their own accord and not in a squad or regiment.

Thats retarded, the game is called 40k, not dark heresy RPG. 40k without space marines is like star wars without jedi

Messiah
17-06-2010, 16:08
There is already a warseer thread for this under "computers and consoles" in the warseer techroom

I saw that yesterday, and was surprised it wasnt moved to the news forum where it belongs..

As for the game, it will definitely be interesting to follow, but its gonna be hard for it not to drown in the huge mass of other mmos. Whats going to set it apart, I wonder?

Ba'al Starslayer
17-06-2010, 16:11
The armies are:

Order:
Black Templars Space Marines
Cadian Shock Troopers
[1 More - Most likely Eldar]

Disorder:
World Eaters Chaos Space Marines
Traitor Guardsmen/Cultist
Orks

x-esiv-4c
17-06-2010, 16:51
I've said this before and I'll say it again. If you are a fan of the "tank / healer / dps" breakdown then this game is for you.

Mike3791
17-06-2010, 16:59
Black templar would never ally with eldar, they don't even ally with HUMAN psykers!!!

x-esiv-4c
17-06-2010, 17:04
And Horde was at war with Alliance but hey...Things change. Remember that this stuff will be canon.

Culgore
17-06-2010, 17:08
This looks outstanding, the waiting will be so difficult for me.

snottlebocket
17-06-2010, 17:08
Does it actually have shooter gameplay or is all the blasting and gunning just visuals for the usual 'auto attack' rpg attacks. I get the idea that trailer looks far too dynamic for an mmo.

Raibaru
17-06-2010, 17:15
There's no way of knowing if it will break down into the typical tank, dps, healer scenario.

It could be just like a FPS where the only healing you see in most of those is someone bringing someone back to life.

It's far too early to claim this is a basic tank/heal/dps mmo. There have been plenty of MMO's that don't follow that mold.

spetswalshe
17-06-2010, 17:20
I've never played a non-fantasy MMO (to be honest I kind of lost interest back in the Ultima days). It looks - superficially - very similar to a 40k W;AR, though; big boss monsters (GUO, Titan), lots of running around, people looking pretty similar to each other.

It is going to be difficult levelling Marines and ordinary humans, though. I mean, I'm willing to suspend my disbelief in the traditional ways, so that a Guardsman can soak up twenty bolt rounds and kill a dozen CSM a minute, but in what ways is the Guardsman class going to be better than the Marine? The only thing I can think of is the typical fighter/rouge class distinction; the Marine (fighter) is tougher and hits harder, while the Guardsman (rogue) has lots of fancy skills and is a bit faster. Having 'Marine, Guardsman, X' on both sides is a bit dull - though presumably the 'career trees' will involve different things (Guardsman; Veteran, Storm Trooper, Special Weapons / Traitor; Mutant, Enforcer, Witch), that kind of thing.

Overall I'm a bit underwhelmed. It seems very much a 'crank out a cash cow before the market dies' event. And I for one absolutely refuse to play a game that requires social interaction. The only time I use a microphone is if I get on a COD;MW2 server with some internet tough guy and believe they deserve a reckoning/heckling.

static grass
17-06-2010, 17:24
I've said this before and I'll say it again. If you are a fan of the "tank / healer / dps" breakdown then this game is for you.

Do you have a source about the actual game mechanics?

t-tauri
17-06-2010, 17:47
Already posted in computers and consoles. Thread closed.