PDA

View Full Version : Magic heavy WoC 1K

Xzazzarai
17-06-2010, 21:45
This is for an upcoming tournament this weekend.
I'm usually a Dark Elf player but I'm thinking of trying something else and have a friends WoC army at my disposal:

Sorcerer MoT
lvl 2
Bloodcurling roar
Book of secrets
Golden eye
Disc

Sorcerer MoT
lvl 2
Stream of corruption
Enchanted shield
Scroll
Disc

5 Marauder horsemen MoS
Flails, Shields, Throwing axes and musician

5 Marauder horsemen MoS
Flails, Shields, Throwing axes and musician

5 chaos warhounds

5 chaos warhounds

5 Chaos Knights MoS
Standard, Banner of Wrath

Total: 997.
PD: 7 +1 to cast and one bound.
DD: 4 + 1 scroll

This list can put out an enourmous amout of magic preasure for a 1K game, dishing out atleast 4 magical missiles per turn. It can allso do some close-up ranged damage due to the bloodcurling roar, breath weapon and throwing axes.
Actually, combat is probably my weakness here.
The idea is to force them to come to me (pretty unusual for WoC) and then charge in if I have to. Otherwise I'll just hang back and keep at them with my magic. Allso, I will use lore of Death with the book and hope that I roll anything but a 5 or 1. Everything else is quite usefull to me.
As you can see, the whole force is carried by the two characters. If they go down early, it'll be pretty much over. So positioning is the key here.

What type of lists do you think I will struggle against and what can I do about it?

I'm a bit unsure about the second caster. He's not really optimized to do damage, but he needs protection and I won't go without a scroll to stop those crucial spells.
Suggestions?

Allso, how would you react if I put this list on the table against you?

Xzazzarai
18-06-2010, 11:43
... No one?

Falkman
18-06-2010, 11:45
Nice to see that you're making hard as nails army lists instead of fun casual ones (which is the idea behind the event)...

Xzazzarai
18-06-2010, 12:43
Ayt, I hear you Falkman!