PDA

View Full Version : Dwarves 2k 8th edition!

stuntyKing
17-06-2010, 23:40
I heard that many games may soon turn into 3k as the new average. But alas, i only have so many models for i am noobie. So here is my 2k list or dwarven greatness. Any hints, tips and constructive criticism are all allowed!

Characters

Dwarf lord-W/ GW, Shield bearers, Rune of resistance, Mro of spite Rune of stone- 251 pts

Thane (BSB) - W/MA rune of Gromril, rune of resistance - 140 pts

Runesmith-W/ SH, Ro of balance - 117 pts.

Core

25 Warriors w/ Shields w/ FC -250 pts.
18 Longbeards w/Shield w/ FC , rune of battle ( RS goes here,BSB goes here)-266 pts.
20 Thunderers w/shields, musician - 305 pts

should i put all 20 in one unit and put FC?

Special

Cannon w/ Ro of forging- 125
organ Gun- 120
Cannon w/ Ro of forging w/ rune of fire - 130
22 Hammeres FC (Lord goes here)-294 pts

Total

I deploy in corner with Hammerers in the middle, warriors to the right ( assuming im on the right hand of the table) and longbeards to left. Organ gun is deployed between warriors and hammers. The thunderers are placed left of the longbeards, and when charged the longbeards can provide flank support. Cannons can be deployed either on hill or next to thunderers.

Dorack
18-06-2010, 06:07
I would swap a cannon for a GT. Looks good overall. I would leave the Thunderers as 2 units of 10, with musician each.

stuntyKing
18-06-2010, 11:12
I liked the GT, but after the S3(9) thing with armor saves allowd for 3S it kinda was a turn off for me.

Mr_Foulscumm
18-06-2010, 14:08
I heard that many games may soon turn into 3k as the new average. But alas, i only have so many models for i am noobie. So here is my 2k list or dwarven greatness. Any hints, tips and constructive criticism are all allowed!

Characters

Dwarf lord-W/ GW, Shield bearers, Rune of resistance, Mro of spite Rune of stone- 251 pts

Thane (BSB) - W/MA rune of Gromril, rune of resistance - 140 pts

Runesmith-W/ SH, Ro of balance - 117 pts.

Core

25 Warriors w/ Shields w/ FC -250 pts.
18 Longbeards w/Shield w/ FC , rune of battle ( RS goes here,BSB goes here)-266 pts.
20 Thunderers w/shields, musician - 305 pts

should i put all 20 in one unit and put FC?

Special

Cannon w/ Ro of forging- 125
organ Gun- 120
Cannon w/ Ro of forging w/ rune of fire - 130
22 Hammeres FC (Lord goes here)-294 pts

Total

I deploy in corner with Hammerers in the middle, warriors to the right ( assuming im on the right hand of the table) and longbeards to left. Organ gun is deployed between warriors and hammers. The thunderers are placed left of the longbeards, and when charged the longbeards can provide flank support. Cannons can be deployed either on hill or next to thunderers.

Personally I would switch out the Hammeres for Iron Breakers and try and beef the unit up to 25. Stubborn and Immune to Fear/Terror isnīt as important with good leadership, fear being nerfed and outnumbering giving you Stubborn to the front anyway. That coupled with more attacks hitting you before the great weapons get to go makes me feel that the higher armour save of the IBīs are the way to go.

Other than that it looks good :)

stuntyKing
18-06-2010, 14:19
I would switch to Iron breakers, but sadly i already just bought 5 packs of hammerers:P. So may be a while till i get breakers, maybe when i play 2500.

ghost of scubasteve
18-06-2010, 17:26
in the new edition i equip my grudge thrower with the +1 str rune