PDA

View Full Version : Bsb

Wakerofgods
18-06-2010, 03:13
I looked and looked and couldn't find what the BSB will do next edition? Is is all psyc tests or all leadership tests that you reroll?

Voss
18-06-2010, 03:34
All leadership tests.

Psychology, as a game term, is gone. There is a section entitled Panic, and then break tests in the combat section, and other leadership based tests like fear (in the special rules section).

Interesting to note, if a BSB (or normal unit standard) breaks in combat, it automatically dies. The banner bearers apparently make a heroic last stand and get mulched, while the unit he is with tries to make their escape.

Wakerofgods
18-06-2010, 03:36
All leadership tests.

Psychology, as a game term, is gone. There is a section entitled Panic, and then break tests in the combat section, and other leadership based tests like fear (in the special rules section).

Interesting to note, if a BSB (or normal unit standard) breaks in combat, it automatically dies. The banner bearers apparently make a heroic last stand and get mulched, while the unit he is with tries to make their escape.

Awsome! So if I have a BSB I reroll break tests/frenzy tests/stupidity tests/panic/fear...everything?

Tomalock
18-06-2010, 03:40
Yep, and if you are on a large target your range extends to 18 inches (same for general).

Wakerofgods
18-06-2010, 03:48
Great! Thanks for the answers guys...While I have a thread going and current I have one more 8e question, do I have to have a general in 8e? Or can I just have a BSB (assuming the BSB still cannot be the general?)?

With magic defense taken mainly out of the hands of wizards I'm thinking of getting a BSB and leaving it at that for characters...

Voss
18-06-2010, 03:50
Yes, you must have a general, and no, it can't be the BSB, unless its army book says otherwise.

Wakerofgods
18-06-2010, 03:55
Yes, you must have a general, and no, it can't be the BSB, unless its army book says otherwise.

Thanks for the answer :).

Ah well, guess I'll have to take a general...I play WOC so at least my fighting heros are pretty good, especially with all those nice new defensive items - that 45pt 4+ ward stacked with tzzentch!

TroyJPerez
18-06-2010, 04:57
I already have plans to run a tzeentch mage on disk with 4+ ward save that will go to 3+ and fly behind units and purposely miscast hoping for the large template so I can blast them to bits with strength 10 while I will most likely be safe with my 3+ ward save, lol. I may need the puppet to pull this off though, lol.

But yes every single army in the game should have a BSB now... well maybe not undead since how often do they take a leadership test? lol.