PDA

View Full Version : How do Ogres size up in the new edition?

Cpt. Drill
18-06-2010, 19:50
Hi forum

I am hoping that the new Warhammer will kickstart me into playing again. I have dusted off my ogres I bought when they came out and begun painting them. They were always fun to use but too often I got my teeth kicked out. I havent seen teh book yet so...

How are ogres going to be effected by the new edition?

TroyJPerez
18-06-2010, 19:56
Static combat res of units is 4 without a warbanner. and will average 10 attacks. Ogres, while 3x2 will have static combat res of 2 and will throw back 18 attacks if nobody is killed, 3 impact hits if they get the charge, and 3 crush them attacks against infantry at the end of combat. I think ogres will be ok next edition, lol.

Cpt. Drill
18-06-2010, 19:59
3 crush them attacks against infantry at the end of combat.

???

(Damn short reply error message!)

Col_Festus
18-06-2010, 20:27
Gotta see their gut magic to see how effective they will really be. Alot depends on the errata. As it stands now the def got a boost. They are able to rank up 3 wide down and have the "monstrous ranks" allowing them to attack with their full compliment of attacks from the 2nd rank. They also have "crush attacks" which are in addition to their impact hits. Crush attacks inflict a single hit equal to the monsters strength per monster you have. So 3 bulls would give you 3 str 4 auto hits at the end of combat.

necroncell2131
18-06-2010, 22:52
Supposedly they get the horde rule when they are 6 wide so a big unit of 18 ogres 6 wide will beat down some units. Otherwise just go 2 ranks of 4 with extra hand weapons expensive at 401 with command but dishing out 4 impact hits 33 str 4 attacks and 4 crush them attacks.

Major_Blackhart
18-06-2010, 22:55
I would love to see a Tyrant with the new magic weapons, see how he holds up against others.

Petey
18-06-2010, 22:56
Hi forum

I am hoping that the new Warhammer will kickstart me into playing again. I have dusted off my ogres I bought when they came out and begun painting them. They were always fun to use but too often I got my teeth kicked out. I havent seen teh book yet so...

How are ogres going to be effected by the new edition?

They will wreck face and take names.