PDA

View Full Version : My FLUFFY Wood Elf Tree-Spirit army (2000pts)...

Your Mum Rang
24-02-2006, 12:10
First off. Fluff. Read it if you want.

In the forests of the old world there can be found many various tree spirits left over from the time that these was one sentient forest which dominated most of the Old World. There can also be found the remnants of once great Treemen who wandered the forest and became attatched to certain areas of the old world. Not wanting to leave these forests led to the Treemen becoming cut off from the sustaining spirit of Athel Loren and so slowly slipped into a long slumber.

Today these huge, age-worn trees can be found in forests all over the Empire, Bretonnia and the Old World. They are in a suspended animation of sorts. Unable to rouse themselves.

Such a tree was Jehnannum until he was singled out by a great Beastman shaman by the name of Gawtooth. As a follower of the Changer of Ways Gawtooth strove to please his god and devised a plan to seek out and eradicate the remaining spots of sentience in the forests.

So it was that his warband came upon Jehnannum in his isolated glade on the verges of Kislev. Gawtooth would not be able to torture and destroy the spirit of the Treeman whilst he was in his slumber and so set about to wake the great Oak.

His Beastmen thrust thick, rune-encrusted chains through Jehnannum's trunk and boughs. Tied up his branches and roots so that he would not be able to resist what Gawtooth had in store for him.

As the ritual began Gawtooth soaked Jehnannum in human blood gathered from nearby villages and spoke arcane incantations until the boughs started to creak and the might Oak came to life. As soon as he regained conciousness Jehnannum found himself enclosed in multi-coloured flames which burned and caused him great pain but did not consume his bark.

So great was this pain that Jehnannum's cried were heard by Ariel in Athel Loren and she contrived to send a host of spirits to Kislev to discover the source of the pain. These Dryads came upon the ritual and were apalled. They fell upon the Beastmen and managed to loosen the chains so that Jehnannum could break free.

He raged among the Beastmen looking for Gawtooth but was unable to find the shaman. His already battered mind finally broke and his madness consumed him and the Dryads sent to rescue him. Jehnannum tore out all of his smaller branches and cast them down. He then began to tear at his own body. The Dryads, consumed by his passion too up the magical chains and drove them into their bodies and raged.

Soon Jehnannum's rage gave way to a thirst for revenge against all Beatsmen. Now he is the Hex Treeand he, accompanied by his Hex Dryads, bound to their wooden forms by the magical chains of Gawtooth, travel from forest to forest seeking the Shaman and any Beastmen whom they can sate their rage upon.

Their magical chains sustain them when they are far from Athel Loren and so can travel anywhere they please, seeking out any hints of Gawtooth. Their desire for revenge has even led them to the magical isle of Albion. Led by one of the legendary Truthsayers they were unable to find Gawtooth and so have returned to the Old World looking for revenge

And onto the list:

The Hex Tree (Treeman Ancient):
Pageant of Shrikes - Cluster of Radiants
375pts

Hex Mistress (Branchwraith):
Lvl 1 - Annoyance of Netlings - A Murder of Spites
165pts

Hex Mistress (Branchwraith):
Lvl 1
115pts
---------------------------------------------------------
10 Dryads:
Champion
132pts

10 Dryads:
120pts

8 Dryads:
96pts

8 Dryads:
96pts

8 Dryads:
96pts

8 Dryads:
96pts
8 Hex Dryads (Wardancers):
Champion + Musician
165pts

Champion + Musician
165pts

Champion + Musician
165pts

Champion + Musician
165pts
Great Eagle:
50pts

2001pts

Let me know what you think. Also do you think that the Albion Fenbeast would make a good model to bae my Treeman on? My Treeman is old, insane and tourtured and I feel this model suits this perfectly.

http://www.warhammerportal.de/news/gw/preview/pics/albion_fenbeast2.jpg

scatterlaser
25-02-2006, 09:00
You might want to give the Ancient the Annoyance of Netlings. It makes the thing disgustingly tough in challenges.

Drake Dun
25-02-2006, 10:21
Seems like a fine list, although if you are going for strictly tree spirit it has a bunch of stuff it ought not to! Are you going to represent the hex dryads with some special model, or with normal wardancers?

Drake

Your Mum Rang
25-02-2006, 10:36
I'll be representing them with converted Dryads to go along with the converted Treeman. They'll probably be leaping and sport lots of chains whipping out. Although I need a bunch of 20mm bases for them as Dryads come on 25mm ones.

And I can hopefully swap around spites from game to game but I do like the killer Branchwraith combo.

Xaskus
26-02-2006, 01:34
Wow, that is some cool background. At first I thought you were gonna make a chaos forest spirit army but after reading it you know they want to make chaos pay. I really like the list too, very different than the "normal" forest spirit list. On the fenbeast, personally i think that he may be a bit small for an ancient treeman. In my army I use him as a treekin and he's the perfect size for that. Good luck though.

Xaskus

TheDrugLordX
26-02-2006, 06:42
Nice army!;)

The only thing I miss is 1-2 units of Treekin. Why don't you have any of those? They fit your army background perfectly! And, more imporatantly, they ad variety to your army! Which is a good thing so that you don't get bored of your army.

Sure, they might not skirmish, but see them as heavy-hitters instead! Your only real heavy hitter is you treman, you could need some more.