PDA

View Full Version : ItP does it still exist in 8th?

Null_Sheen
19-06-2010, 00:46
I have seen nothing in the rumors about if ItP still exists.

Does anyone have any news on that front?

jullevi
19-06-2010, 00:57
Why would it not exist (as a special rule)? Even if Psychology does not exist in 8th edition per se it should make no difference whatsoever as Fear, Terror and Panic still exist. Removing ItP would require more errata than keeping it, so removing it seems less likely.

For the record, I have not read 8th edition book. I am simply speculating.

EDIT: According to Bell of Lost Souls Warhammer 8th Rulebook Overview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL9MGlQWBJk), ItP still exists (3:13). I have no idea if it has been changed since current edition. But then again, many people did not have a clue that ItP was changed significantly between 6th and 7th edition, so go figure.

King_Pash
19-06-2010, 09:50
ItP still exists, it's just a smaller list of things that count as "Psychology". Fear and Terror units, for example, are ItP by default in 8th.

Mach_5
19-06-2010, 09:55
IIRC, ItP is immune to fear, terror, and panic. I don't believe there's anything about not fleeing anymore.

architect
19-06-2010, 15:46
ItP still exists, it's just a smaller list of things that count as "Psychology". Fear and Terror units, for example, are ItP by default in 8th.

that's interesting, makes mark of slaanesh on chaos knights a pointless option

TroyJPerez
19-06-2010, 19:05
Wait! Demons of chaos can choose to flee now? Awsome!

Daredevil
19-06-2010, 19:10
Units with ItP still cannot flee.

orcs of fire
19-06-2010, 19:54
Fear and Terror units, for example, are ItP by default in 8th.

Sounds to me like ogres just got a whole lot better (no panic = towards instead of away from gunlines) :D

ExxonValdez
21-06-2010, 16:55
Oges got a lot better but they still suck.

Melon-neko
21-06-2010, 18:50
just reiterating as an additional source, i know it's been said before.
ITP = immune to fear, terror and panic. In addition they cannot flee as a charge reaction.
Units with Stupidity are also ITP (cold one knights and trolls. not sure what else has stupidity)

I'm not sure either way about fear making units ITP, but I will look next time i check out the book o.o

bluemage
21-06-2010, 19:46
Wait, does this mean that models that cause fear are immune to the jabberslythe aura of madness???

Sygerrik
21-06-2010, 20:10
Wait, does this mean that models that cause fear are immune to the jabberslythe aura of madness???

We'll have to wait for the FAQ. RAW, yes.

Hitsugaya Toushiro
21-06-2010, 20:25
mmm so now if you cause fear or terror, you are auto-immune to psicology and so also Panic? O_o

true?

bluemage
21-06-2010, 21:32
Well at least the razorgors won't run off the table all the time. But so much for my two jabberslythe army. It was a great deal of fun to use against orcs and goblins.

WarmbloodedLizard
21-06-2010, 21:49
WHAT? fear causing units can't flee anymore? I'd never want fear on any unit if it really was that way. It would be mostly a bad thing to have fear. did they even think when they decided that fearcausing has anything to do with ITP? :(

Melon-neko
22-06-2010, 22:45
So I looked up fear and ItP today, and in neither section does it state that Fear causing creatures are ItP. So unless it says it some place wacky, fear causing creatures can still panic, flee charges, etc.

Lord Zarkov
22-06-2010, 22:50
Considering it goes to great length to discuss how fear causers ignore fear and treat terror as fear it would seem that fear causers are most definitely not ITP.

WarmbloodedLizard
22-06-2010, 23:44
So I looked up fear and ItP today, and in neither section does it state that Fear causing creatures are ItP. So unless it says it some place wacky, fear causing creatures can still panic, flee charges, etc.

really relieved abaout that :)