PDA

View Full Version : Dare Daemons show there face in 8th?

blackjack
20-06-2010, 04:07
Hey all. I have not played my Daemons in over a year because they were just too powerful in 7th. The games where just not enjoyable. So now that 8th Is here I want to try to bring them out.

Let me know what you think of this list. In the absence of Errata for Daemons I assume the horrors miscast effect and rules for horrors being assigned spells remain as in their army book.

30 Horrors, Full command, Icon of Sorcery
30 Horrors, Full command, Icon of Sorcery

30 Blood Letters, Full Command (may run them in horde Formation).

6 Furies (points fillers and maybe artillery harassers)

6 Flamers (are these guys still too powerful?)
6 Flamers

2 Heralds of Tzentch, Power Vortex
1 Herald of Khorne, Fire storm blade, Armor of Khorne, Juggernaught, BSB, Standard of Victory.

2247pts

Let me know what you think

tricker53
20-06-2010, 05:37
i wouldnt suggest running the bloodletters in a horde formation, because they lose 100% of their mobility as a unit if they do so, and technically take up 12" of your frontline as well (since you have to be atleast 1" away from friendly models). theyre fine with just 2 ranks of S5 KB attacks. 5 ranks of 6 for sure. in fact if you run the icon of endless war youll have one of the largest charge ranges in the game.

keep in mind you cannot repeat spells in your army anymore, so that might mean you cant have more than one unit of (more than 10) horrors. hopefully errata fixes this.

the new skirmisher rules mostly benefit shooty skirmishers, and they dont get more shooty than flamers.

you have zero units to flank with in this list. prehaps try and get 10 or 12 flesh hounds, because now they need 2 ranks to flank.

keep in mind you can still fit a lord of change or bloodthirster into 2.25k (only just for the former). also removing one of your core units wont put you under the 25% minimum either, and furies count towards that minimum.

as a general statement, daemons have taken a slight beating with the new rules, which we can all admit was due and necessary. but as a result, hopefully we can see them drop a tier so that we dont pull automatic zero army comp. scores with any flamers, flesh hounds, greater daemons etc. in other words, you dont have to worry so much about fielding these units in excess.... much.

blackjack
20-06-2010, 07:03
"keep in mind you cannot repeat spells in your army anymore, so that might mean you cant have more than one unit of (more than 10) horrors. hopefully errata fixes this"

As horrors dont choose spells but have them assighned specificly I am playing that the army book over rides the rule book for now. I don't believe the intent was to only allow one horror unit over 10.

I will try the horde approach with the letters and see how it does, you may be right.

If flamers are still too OTT, then I will switch them for hounds whom are def worse in 8th ed.