PDA

View Full Version : Two quick questions re:Thunderfire and LS Storm

Stuckinbermuda
20-06-2010, 04:26
New member to these forums, and just getting back into 40k, played a lot of 3rd ed and just now building first 5th ed army.

I just came into possession of a Thunderfire, which I hear is not that great, but it was a deal I could not refuse and the new army I'm building happened to have no heavies yet. My question is on how they work in game. It states that if the cannon is destroyed then the Techmarine becomes an independent character, so how does the cannon get destroyed? I looked over the codex and it doesn't seem to have an AV attached to it... bit lost on how it works.

I also picked up a LS storm to try and make something useful of a box of CC scouts I picked up to see what the new models are like since I only remember the old metal ones. It states it can carry five models which is great, but in the pictures of it one of those five is also the gunner! So after five deploy is it then hampered by not having a gunner or do we assume the pilot can take remote control of the passenger seat weapon? I've built mine to have a multi-melta on board and the CC squad it carries will have a PF and a combi-melta.

Any help with more information on these two units much appreciated.

Raditz
20-06-2010, 04:31
The Thunderfire Cannon should be AV 10, rules are in the rulebook, the unit type that uses large cannons like that (Artillery or something, can't remember.)

The LSS would not lose it's crew member and would still be able to fire it's weapon.

Vaktathi
20-06-2010, 04:31
New member to these forums, and just getting back into 40k, played a lot of 3rd ed and just now building first 5th ed army.

I just came into possession of a Thunderfire, which I hear is not that great, but it was a deal I could not refuse and the new army I'm building happened to have no heavies yet. My question is on how they work in game. It states that if the cannon is destroyed then the Techmarine becomes an independent character, so how does the cannon get destroyed? I looked over the codex and it doesn't seem to have an AV attached to it... bit lost on how it works.
The Thunderfire is an Artillery unit as described in the rulebook along with its AV. Hits are allocated when the unit is hit, 1-4 hits gun, 5 & 6 hit gunner. Anything that glances or pens the gun kills it right out, but the gunner may continue to live.

I also picked up a LS storm to try and make something useful of a box of CC scouts I picked up to see what the new models are like since I only remember the old metal ones. It states it can carry five models which is great, but in the pictures of it one of those five is also the gunner! So after five deploy is it then hampered by not having a gunner or do we assume the pilot can take remote control of the passenger seat weapon? I've built mine to have a multi-melta on board and the CC squad it carries will have a PF and a combi-melta. It transports 5 models, none of these have any effect on gunnery, they can disembark without any effect on the LSS

Stuckinbermuda
20-06-2010, 04:46
Thanks for the quick replies!

Hopefully now I'll have a 2k list to post for review this weekend :)