PDA

View Full Version : 8thed: 1 Arcane+ 1 Dispel Scroll?

CaliforniaGamer
20-06-2010, 13:27
Can you still have 1 arcane item AND 1 dispel scroll on a mage for 8th like you could in 7th? Or is the 1 arcane item limit strictly enforced? Im not finding it in the new book.
Thanks

Agnar the Howler
20-06-2010, 13:32
I'd like to know too; i've got a reply on my army list that says I can't have an arcane item if I took a dispel scroll, but i'd prefer a more definitive answer.

theunwantedbeing
20-06-2010, 13:52
Can you still have 1 arcane item AND 1 dispel scroll on a mage for 8th like you could in 7th? Or is the 1 arcane item limit strictly enforced? Im not finding it in the new book.
Thanks

Look harder?
If you have the book it will be there.

Presumably it'll be in the magical item section describing scrolls and such.
If it doesnt say scrolls and such are allowed with another arcane item, then they arent.

Eumerin
21-06-2010, 19:44
Unlike in 7th edition, there are no special provisions made for Dispel Scrolls. So no, you can't have a scroll and an additional arcane item.

Anaris
22-06-2010, 09:35
I'm laughing so hard right now at the other players in my local area.

theorox
22-06-2010, 09:48
Good. going 8 scrolls just because you knew you would be facing a Tzeencht army sucked, you know. :rolleyes:

Theo

BramGaunt
22-06-2010, 10:40
To be precise, you can have only one dispel scroll at all.

Lhel
22-06-2010, 13:50
Sounds like there will be a lot of reworking for people's armylists :) Oh well, a reason to pick up enchanted items which work like scrolls then I guess. Not all armies have them, but some do.

Don't have 'privilegied' access to the book, so I guess I'll do it the old fashioned way and wait for my local store to get it.

Eumerin
22-06-2010, 17:40
Keep in mind that there are now a lot of other scrolls that do Bad Things (tm) to people trying to get spells cast. For instance, there's the one that has you roll one die for every power die that your opponent used to cast the last spell, and every die that comes up a 5+ causes a wound to the spellcaster.

And then there's the one that temporarily turns your opponent's spellcaster into a frog...

In short, while the number of dispel scrolls that you can carry is limited, there are plenty of other ways to mess with your opponent's magic phase...

Sudden stray thought... how would the 'turn your opponent's spellcaster into a frog' scroll work with a unit of horrors?

Agnar the Howler
22-06-2010, 18:11
Sudden stray thought... how would the 'turn your opponent's spellcaster into a frog' scroll work with a unit of horrors?

I'm more worried about how it's going to affect my Slann; "I turn your wizard into a frog!" "Yeah... someone already beat you to it there..."

Seth the Dark
22-06-2010, 20:57
Well I think that dispel scrolls are as important anymore as the winds of magic can often leave your opponent with very little power dice.