PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Lizardmen vs Empire (8th)

Heimagoblin
20-06-2010, 15:25
We played on a basic 4x4 table with 3 woods as terrain. 2 of the woods turned out to give fear to a unit in them and one did d6 str 4 on a unit inside it on a roll of 4+. There was a wood on my left and my right and one on my right but in his deployment zone. I took

Skink priest on eotg

14 templeguard

Slann with cupped hands and focus rumination (lore of beasts)

12 skink skirmishers

salamander

big unit of 30 or so sarus.

He took:

2 lv 2 empire wizards

10 handgunners

2 cannons

giant

Master engineer

hell storm rocket battery

Massive unit of flagellants

unit of spearmen with detachment of free company

unit of swordsmen with detachment of free company

I deployed with my salamander and skirmishing skinks opposite my wood on the left. In the centre was my slann with templeguard and my sarus and on my right was my eotg, opposite my wood.

From my right to left, he deployed handgunners (on hill) , hellstorm (on hill) cannon (on hill) 25 spearmen with detachment, giant, flagellants, swordsmen and then a cannon on the far right.

I got first turn and push up everything as far as it will go apart from my eotg which remians just in the right hand side forest to protect it from cannon fire. Firstly, my slann casts amber spear (the beefed up version) on his giant taking it down to 2 wounds. He also gives the sarus +1 tougness and strenth, clearly worried about that weird rocket launching device next to the handgunners.

In his turn 1 he pushes up and proceeds to accommplish very litte due to some unlucky rolls. The hellstorm missfires and destroyes itself and 1 wizard miscasts and stops being a wizard.

In my turn 2 I push up even more with my units in the centre whilst my eotg hopps from the woods on my right into the woods in his deployment zone, attempting to burning alingment several different units. Magic sees me finish off the giant with a second amber spear and irrisistable force transformantion of Kadon, turning my slann into a mountain chimera and transferring the miscast onto his second wizard who also forgets he's a wizard. The salamander makes the swordsmen run.

In his turn he charges the flagellants into the sarus and the last remaining member of the free company into my salamander. His swordsmen ralley. Combat sees me losing a lot of sarus to flaggelants but killing almsot all of them all in return due to +1 strenth from a spell.

In My turn 3 my templguard hide behind his wood, clearly understanding that they no longer need to protect there slann.They do this to protect them from the cannon fire coming from my far right. My eotg hexes his cannon whislt charging his depleted swordsmen unit whcih flee and run of the board. My mountain chimera flies into his cannon on the far left whilst my skirmishing skinks move round to finish off the handgunners they have been shooting at.Magic sees him failing to stop transformation of kadon and I eat his cannon before overunning off the edge of the board.

In his turn his last remianing block of spearmen in the centre move up aggresivley towars the templguard and his cannon cannot shoot due to the hex from lore of heavens. In my turn I kill his cannon with unranon's thunderbolt and cause he spaermen to run away due to the chimera's and the salamanders breath weapons. He conceeds.

Result: I felt I outplayed him but his bad luck certainly did not help. The sarus were a waste of points in such a large unit and I will be sticking to 18 for 8th edition. He could have done with a general to boost the leadership of his units and possibly he should have bulked up the flagellants and state troops so they were stubborn./harder to kill/panic.Also, salamanders are amazing.

So this is my first battle report attempt,as you can probaly tell! I hope it was legible and I am deffinatly looking for any advice as to making it better. Describing deployment was something I found especially difficult.

SevenSins
20-06-2010, 17:20
you got the most important highlights, wich is a good start.
Deployment is often easier to describe with a picture or two ;)

Dungeon_Lawyer
20-06-2010, 21:46
Slann's morphing into Mountain Chimera? iressitable force aber spears? miscast being thrown back at the enemy making them wizards no more? My god!! you sir -Hath given me a woodie !(and not one described in the new book I imagine...!)

Gork or Possibly Mork
20-06-2010, 21:49
Slann's morphing into Mountain Chimera? iressitable force aber spears? miscast being thrown back at the enemy making them wizards no more? My god!! you sir -Hath given me a woodie !(and not one described in the new book I imagine...!)

I didn't know Slann could use that spell. Technically they are not on foot and Im almost positive I read that spell requires it.

Temakador
20-06-2010, 22:26
well slan are single models on a platform that has no stats so i gess people find it ok to use it on him

Ksarn
21-06-2010, 05:58
Slann canno use kadon as he is not a single model on foot. Sorry dude :(

Heimagoblin
21-06-2010, 06:54
Just re read the army book, slann are US3 but are not mounted as and US does not matter any more they can cast it. The palaquin does not affect any of the rules apart from making it a large target in the magic phase and few other bits.Anyhow, i'm sure it will get FAQ'ed

Malorian
21-06-2010, 15:57
Just re read the army book, slann are US3 but are not mounted as and US does not matter any more they can cast it. The palaquin does not affect any of the rules apart from making it a large target in the magic phase and few other bits.Anyhow, i'm sure it will get FAQ'ed

You should do a search on if dwarfs lord on shieldbearers count as mounted or not ;)

SilasOfTheLambs
21-06-2010, 16:38
You should do a search on if dwarfs lord on shieldbearers count as mounted or not

That wasn't nice, Mister Chapter Master sir. :rolleyes:

Malorian
21-06-2010, 17:35
I'm just saying that this may be one of those things that is debatable until the next lizardmen book or 9th comes out...

As for the report, thanks for making it. It was fairly easy to follow, but you might want to break it up into sections.

As I'm sure many are, I'm really looking forward to 8th battle reports so keep them coming :)

Aratus
22-06-2010, 15:32
Look in the back of the 8th rulebook for those that have a copy at local game stores and the bestiaries classify whether something classifies as infantry, monstrous infantry, cav, etc.

Hope that helps :)