PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf 2500pt army

captain malak khan
20-06-2010, 21:09
I have only played warhammer with a friends army and that was about 10 years ago so im trying to get myself back into warhammer. What do you all think to my gunline style army. Is it anygood?

Thorek Ironbrow master runelord =505pts

Dragon slayer=50pts

Dragon slayer=50pts

16 Thunderers, full command, shields.=265pts

Cannon, rune of forging, rune of burning, engineer with brace of pistols.=150pts

Cannon, rune of forging, engineer with brace of pistols.=145pts

Grudge thrower, rune of accuracy, engineer with brace of pistols.=125pts

Organ gun.=120pts

Organ gun.=120pts

12 quarellers, great weapons, musician, rangers.=173pts

total=2498pts

Main tactic is Thunderers hold centre of battlefield with cannons and grudge thrower depoly about 8* backwards hopefully on a hill with the Dragon slayers for protection. With an Organ gun on each flank to discourage flank chargers or if lucky block one flank with terrain or edge of board and deploy both on exposed flank. Quarellers can either scout ahead if i need something capturing or eploy on hill with warmachines. Runelord deploys with warmachines doing what he does best.

Im hoping with all the shooty goodness i should cause enough damage so when they charge my blocks of thunderers they can hold there own with hand weapons and shields.

Not bought anything yet this just an idea.

ooglatjama
21-06-2010, 06:26
I would drop the thunderers down to 10, 16 is a bit unwieldy. I would also remove the command. With standards, you're giving 100 free VPs every time they rout the thunderers. And the musician and champion are a waste of points. I would also add some warriors as a roadblock to slow down fast things. Dragon slayers are largely useless by themselves. They just don't hold.

captain malak khan
21-06-2010, 17:54
I would drop the thunderers down to 10, 16 is a bit unwieldy. I would also remove the command. With standards, you're giving 100 free VPs every time they rout the thunderers. And the musician and champion are a waste of points.

I thought big blocks was the way to go with 8th edition where even in 2 ranks they can all fire to deliver loads of firepower.

I agree with you on the warriors i need a big unit for holding up nasty fast units.

The dragon slayers are mainly there to protect the warmachines just to charge flying units or fast flanking units like warhounds etc.

Alos is the runelord a waste of points i could get alot more units for his cost like a lord and a unit of warriors in his place.