PDA

View Full Version : Gnoblar army list in 8th edition

Zazzer
21-06-2010, 00:35
I was wondering your guy's stance on the Gnoblar army list in 8th. I honestly would think no one would care if I played with it but would you?

For those of you who don't know the pdf can be found here:

http://alamogt.com/pdf/Gnoblar-Horde.pdf

Thanks for your opinion.

Zazzer

Coldblood666
21-06-2010, 02:01
I would play it. But I would bombard the Gnoblar player with verbal withering abuse until he fully painted it :D

Leogun_91
21-06-2010, 02:24
I would play it. Actually I might start one if I get a steady source of income.

Lost_Heretic
21-06-2010, 03:03
I think the Gnoblar Horde would be a whole lot of fun in 8th!

Jind_Singh
21-06-2010, 08:07
wrong link! IT goes to Space MArines!

orcs of fire
21-06-2010, 16:04
those gnoblars seem to have found the ogre's steroids ;)

If I had the time and money needed to make this army then I think it would be a brilliantly viable army in 8th! 100 lucky gits would sure be almost impossible to move when in horde formation! :eek:

Lord Shadowheart
21-06-2010, 16:13
I've got a 1k ish Gnoblar army painted up that I'll probably use on occassion for a laugh :)

Zazzer
21-06-2010, 17:03
Some git changed my link! :mad:

Grrrrr.

Spider-pope
21-06-2010, 18:48
Thanks for posting that link Zazzer, i've been trying to track down a copy of the gnoblar article for fething ages to no avail.

grumbaki
21-06-2010, 18:56
those gnoblars seem to have found the ogre's steroids ;)

If I had the time and money needed to make this army then I think it would be a brilliantly viable army in 8th! 100 lucky gits would sure be almost impossible to move when in horde formation! :eek:

100 lucky gits...oh god. Just imagine the dice rolling with them getting to re-roll everything!

thesheriff
27-06-2010, 08:08
Just saw these rules. There very funny. I would definatly play against them.

if you really were botherd about it in tournaments, why not use the skaven rules. Warlords can ride all those rat things or be carried in litters, clanrats/fighters, stormvermin/lucky gits, just about everything but the pig cav could be represented. Not to mention the strength in numbers rule

And you could even have some gnoblar wizards!

Thesheriff

lochland
27-06-2010, 14:06
I love that list XD is it tourny legal?

Drongol
27-06-2010, 15:57
I love the Gnoblar Horde list. It's a lot of fun and can make some very impressive-looking hordes, obviously.

That said, I'd never accept it in an "official tournament" game. To begin with, the army's just plain broken. Seriously. Try it out a few times.

It's the "Largely Insignificant" rule (or whatever it's called) that does it. You can quite literally checkerboard the table with boxes of Fighters and throw Sharp Stuff at things to death. The nastiest things in your opponent's armies will never, ever make their points back, because you're spending between 40 and 60 points for your Fighter blocks.

It's the sort of army where you can lose 400 models and still obtain a massacre, easily.

Are Blood Gnoblars Rare or Special? The rules list it both ways.

Great army, lots of fun to play and play against, but I'd never allow it in a tourney, if I had my way.

Skyth
27-06-2010, 16:02
There was a tourney in 7th that allowed it...1000 gnoblar horde got a perfect comp score (Would figure that the person running it was one of the comp judges...). No banners, plus not panicking other units meant that it was a broken list. Not the most powerful, but very much a rock-paper-scissors army. My all Slaanesh warriors army either rolled hellshriek and won or didn't get hellshriek and then lost. *shrugs*

Urgat
27-06-2010, 16:34
I'll answer with another question: who wouldn't? To which my own answer would then be: the people I wouldn't want to play against :p The total immunity to panic probably makes it a tad too nasty in occasions, though.
About banners, w/o them, a gnobblar army will lose 1 out of 6 games before even deploying, so that won't be a problem in 8th :p

Stronginthearm
27-06-2010, 20:39
Would play against every chance I got, It would be so funny, the goblins version of goblins

Skyth
03-07-2010, 15:18
About banners, w/o them, a gnobblar army will lose 1 out of 6 games before even deploying, so that won't be a problem in 8th :p

Actually, at <3000 points, I believe you only have 2 points for that mission, which are supplied by the General.

Still, auto-losing before deployment does not make for a fun game for either person either.

Dorkman
03-07-2010, 21:31
http://warmongers.ziggyqubert.com/wmbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7467&start=210

This guy ran this army back in 7th @ 2250. It think his only request is that you would help him roll dice.

Skyth
04-07-2010, 04:12
That was the one I was talking about. Three of my friends of mine played against it. Broken points denial army.