PDA

View Full Version : Mighty empires and lord of the rings

IllidanStormrage
21-06-2010, 19:29
I wonder if you could make a campaigns for lord of the rings with the mighty empires map. Like make the map of middle earth and have a bunch of linked scenario games. That would be pretty fun, anyone else think?

ForgottenLore
21-06-2010, 20:18
It would be tough to make the map look more than vaguely like middle earth (without using thousands of sets on a soccer field at least), but you could zoom in an call your map a part of middle earth.

You could probably pull off a series of linked scenarios that told the story of one really big battle, instead of a whole war. Build the map to resemble the pelenor fields and then fight each part of the battle as a separate scenario.

Also, there is what looks like a good campaign for Middle Earth in some white dwarf issue and up on the web site, Middle Earth in Flames I think it was called. Included a map and looked like a pretty solid multi-player campaign rules set.

fracas
21-06-2010, 23:26
1. i tried to link up the Mighty Empire tiles to resemble Middle Earth but i think it would requires at least 2-3 sets and additional mountain tiles.

2. just finished writing rules for a random generated map using Mighty Empire rules. could send you a copy if you like. but currently awaiting feed back from my club before finalizing it for play.

ForgottenLore
22-06-2010, 01:31
I would like a copy of that, I have yet to find (or create) a set of campaign rules that really works for me.

IllidanStormrage
22-06-2010, 02:32
Thanks for the feedback , and sure send it to me id love to see it, i actually found an old hero scape game i had which are hexagon tiles, i might try to make one out of that

Darthvegeta800
27-06-2010, 14:11
On the Lotr forum (One Ring) someone put up rules to use the Lotr Risk board + extensive campaign rules using cards etc.

IllidanStormrage
01-07-2010, 05:53
could you send the link please?