PDA

View Full Version : Raise the standard

alterion
26-05-2005, 19:09
gamers unite... forward to battle :http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/games/manifesto.html
A Gamers' Manifesto

salty
26-05-2005, 19:19
I dunno which one I'll be getting... they're all three beautiful, beautiful machines...

Salty :)

alterion
26-05-2005, 19:24
umm that is not what the article is actually about... but i would hope to buy my console on more than looks alone..

salty
26-05-2005, 19:38
Oh, I know, I just spent like 10 minutes looking at them though! :D

Salty :)

x-esiv-4c
26-05-2005, 19:44
Hehehe, good article! I agree with it!

Wraith
26-05-2005, 21:29
Great article and funny to boot!

Great Harlequin
26-05-2005, 21:40
Well written article. That is a critic :).

Point twelve on that list :D. He just takes the word out of my mouth.

raged_norm
26-05-2005, 23:55
Spot on, I miss my SNES and Megadrive pick up and play games!

Kjell
27-05-2005, 11:23
#17 fills me with despair. Okay, a console being able to play a DVD, I can sort of get why. I mean, if it already uses DVD discs for the games... But honestly, a console is for playing games. I don't want a crippled computer. I already have a PC!

Microsoft's talk of making the Xbox the all-conquering entertainment system worries me. The same goes for that bloke saying that the PS3 is not a gaming console. So, basically, Microsoft and Sony are now making PCs that you can only play certain games on. :wtf: Soon you won't be able to plug them into your TV because you need a special monitor screen. :rolleyes: The gaming industry really needs a great, big kick in the ass. That goes for all of it. Nintendo is hogging the patent to the steering cross pad thing, I forget the proper word for it. In case you ever wondered why the PSes and the Xbox have directional buttons instead of a real cross. It's cute, but counterproductive. :p

grizzly ruin
27-05-2005, 11:46
Dear hell that was good.

Really really spot on and terribly funny.

Brother Munro
27-05-2005, 13:17
Being a Mac user I don't play PC style games that often, and was actually considering getting a console, but I don't want to pay for a bunch of features that my Mac (which, bizzarly, also uses PPC technology. I wonder if I could modify a G5 to play xbox360/PS3 games? Oh wait, Microsoft already have. (http://anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2420&p=5) ) can do already with a better interface and software I trust. I want a console to play games on. Whilst graphics and physics engines are nice, gameplay is more important. I think I'll wait for the Revolution.