PDA

View Full Version : Brettonian Army Transport

Culven
21-06-2010, 20:36
I am planning to purchase a Battlefoam P.A.C.K. 1520 for storage and transport of a Brettonian army I have nearly finished painting, but I need some advise regarding the trays. Specifically, I am wondering if I will want to ensure that each model sits within the cutout or would having halberds and the like sticking out where it will be pressed between the foam of the divider and the bottom of the tray above will be a problem. With GW trays, it seems to be ok as the foam is rather soft, but IIRC, the Battlefoam tray foam is more dense and rigid, which may result in items being deformed. Does anyone have any input which would help me to select the optimal tray configurations?

bigcheese76
21-06-2010, 20:49
Are you insistant on using Battle Foam?

If not, then I would recommend KR Multicase Trays. That is what I use for my Brets and Rough Riders. Basically, I have a half size, 23mm deep, 18 compartment tray. I then remove the dividers from half the sections to make 8 horse and rider size compartments. They work really well and as the foam is soft, lances are not crushed.

Culven
21-06-2010, 21:07
I want to use the Battlefoam products because of the size of case available and the number of knights I will need to transport. I don't want to use multiple cases to transport a single army (I already do this with some of my oher armies).

tdc500
21-06-2010, 22:16
kr do a case which contains 4 of their card cases, (also does one which contains 2, and 3)

I can't comment on Battlefoam, but KR would almost certainly suit your needs (unless you're looking at a ridiculously large army :D )

Culven
21-06-2010, 22:56
I suppose it depends. Would 36 Knights of the Realm, 12 Knights Errant, 12 Mounted Yeomen, 6 Pegasus Knights, Lord on Hippogryph, 60 Archers, 20 Men at Arms, a Trebuchet, a Grail Relique with 16 additional Battle Pilgrims and a few additional mounted and foot models, with some room for expansion, be considered to be ridiculously large? :D

Anywhoo . . . back to my original question, in a Battlefoam P.A.C.K. army transport, would it be best to have each model in its own little slot, or would weapons sticking out and pressed between foam layers be a problem? Does anyone have any experience with a Battlefoam P.A.C.K.?

bluemage
21-06-2010, 23:11
Well I can share what I've done to transport one of my armies, which is a pretty inexpensive solution. I went a bought a bunch of the pluck foam trays that different companies sell. Then I bought a large plastic container that can hold all of them. I add some extra random things I need to carry to eat up the little extra room that exists. It works quite well but I won't trust it for plane travel.

Culven
22-06-2010, 00:19
Just to clarify: I will be buying a Battlefoam PACK 1520 for this army. I just need some input as to what the trays are like so that I can choose trays which will best protect the figures. I don't need opinions on various methods of transporting one's army, I just want to know how rigid the foam is and if it will bend weapons which stick out of the cutouts.

Culven
25-06-2010, 03:50
I think I will just order the case with custom trays with slots to hold all of the figures.