PDA

View Full Version : TheHammerCast –WHF 8th Edition Rulebook Unleashed

Odominus
21-06-2010, 21:46
With the WHF 8th edition rulebook now available, we took a few hours and read the book recording what we found and offered our commentary. HordeHammer? HeroHammer? GunlineHammer? None of the above? Its up to you to decide. We offer our vision of what 8th could become. The beautiful thing about it is that new strategies, combos, and army specific tactics will reveal themselves to all of us over the course of the next few months. It will be a blast to watch unfold. A major piece of the puzzle has yet to be revealed: the army specific errata to be released in PDF form shortly before the BRB is released. We will do a follow up. These will heavily influence gameplay and as such, expectations should be kept in check until you are able to read your army’s pdf.

With expediency as our goal here, this episode does not include sound effects, music beds, intros, etc. This was down and dirty-get it out to you all as fast as possible.

If you have any question we can answer, leave a comment on the site, here or send us an email TheHammerCast@comcast.net.

Thanks!

Damocles8
21-06-2010, 21:48
uh sounds like it'll be Warhammer

VonUber
22-06-2010, 07:31
i think i may have found the warhammer radio replacement.

gardeth
22-06-2010, 18:47
uh sounds like it'll be Warhammer

Heres hoping! Of course until the PDFs come out and everyones had a chance to get a few games under their belt we won't know if the game is going to "break" one way or the other.

Odominus
22-06-2010, 23:31
i think i may have found the warhammer radio replacement.

Thanks VonUber!:yes:

Thought I'd post random smatterings from the 8th BRB..

When a unit touches a forest terrain for the first time, randomly generate what type of forest it is on a d6. Here is the table and effects:

1. It's an ordinary forest. Phew!

2. Abyssal Wood - A unit with the majority of its models within an Abyssal wood causes fear.

3. Blood Forest - Whenever a spell is successfully cast by (or at) a model in a Blood Forest, all units wholly or partially within it suffer d6 strength 4 hits as the trees go into a feeding frenzy. When any hits have been resolved, the Blood Forest moves 2d6" in a random direction, moving around any intervening terrain features by the shortest route. This does not move the models that were in the Blood Forest, it simply "walks off." and leaves them behind.

4. Fungus Forest - Any unit at least partially within the Fungus Forest is subject to the rules for Stupidity. Any Goblin unit at least partially within the Fungus Forest is Stubborn.

5. Venom Thicket - Any model in a Venom Thicket has the Poisoned attacks special rule (applies to close combat attacks only). However, any model moving through a Venom Thicket must take a Dangerous Terrain test, to represent their attempt to fend off the venomous critters within.

6. Wildwood - Roll for any unit at least partially within the Wildwood at the end of the Movement Phase. On a 4+, the unit suffers d6 str4 hits.

Remember the Dangerous Terrain test can outright kill your troops! Also, remember the rumor that said random magic items could be found in forests?

Odominus
24-06-2010, 05:15
Hmm lets do some more stuff. Lessee...

Marshland D3

"Marshes are best employed as traps to suck your enemy into, rather than bastions from which to fight.

Marshland is dangerous terrain for all units, other than those with the skirmish special rule. Cavalry, monstrous cavalry and chariots that enter marshland fail their Dangerous Terrain test on a 1 or 2, rather than a 1.

1. Earthblood Mere - Any unit with the majority of its models within the mere has regeneration (6+).

2. Khemrian Quicksand - A monster, monstrous infantry or monstrous cavalry model that fails its Dangerous Terrain test for Khemrian Quicksand is removed as a casualty with no saves of any kind allowed.

3. Mist-Wreathed Swamp - If the majority of a unit's models are wholly within a mist wreathed swamp , the unit counts as being in hard cover. However, at the end of each movement phase, the unit must pass an initiative test, or have d6 models dragged to their doom by the monstrous Fimir lurking in the mist (the victims are selected in the same manner as the allocation of shooting hits."

gardeth
24-06-2010, 21:43
Gotta to wonder if those terrain rules will be used in competitive play (tournaments).

Skywave
24-06-2010, 22:00
3. Mist-Wreathed Swamp - If the majority of a unit's models are wholly within a mist wreathed swamp , the unit counts as being in hard cover. However, at the end of each movement phase, the unit must pass an initiative test, or have d6 models dragged to their doom by the monstrous Fimir lurking in the mist (the victims are selected in the same manner as the allocation of shooting hits."

Fimir, really? :eek:

~PrometheuS~
25-06-2010, 05:36
Makes you not want to use terrian at all..................

Stronginthearm
25-06-2010, 06:31
I think a wandering forest that eats people is awesome personally, but im a vamp plaer sooo I dont care what happens to my guys ill just bring them back