PDA

View Full Version : 8th Ed 2250 Dark Elves

Your Mum Rang
22-06-2010, 10:08
Hi all. Without further ado here we go!

Sorceress: Lvl 2 - Tome of Furion - Guiding Eye @ 175pts
Master: BSB - Cold One - SDC - Heavy Armour - Shield - Black Dragon Egg - Stone of Fortune @ 174pts
Keeping it cheap on characters. A modest magic phase and a modest bit of combat.

30 Repeater Crossbows: Shields - Full Command @ 345pts
30 Repeater Crossbows: Shields - Full Command @ 345pts
5 Dark Riders: RxB - Musician @ 117pts
5 Harpies @ 55pts
5 Harpies @ 55pts
Dark Riders and Harpies warmachine and mage hunt. The RxB provide some epic shooting (40 shots) and then can dish out 30 close combat attacks or reform and give me 6 ranks of 5. They are a shooty anvil and nothing more.

10 Cold One Knights: Full Command - Ring of Hotek - Standard of Discipline @ 350pts
Cold One Chariot @ 100pts
Cold One Chariot @ 100pts
5 Shades @ 80pts
Flankers and shock troops. LD10 CoK should be more useful than previously. Chariots are flankers and Shades are a bit more annoyance.

Hydra @ 175pts
Hydra @ 175pts
More shock troops and solid flankers.

2246pts

Let me know what you think!

Ellikka
22-06-2010, 10:28
With the new "missions" or what the call them where you can start closer then 24" i think this is going to hurt but i still think you you would need some more offensive infantry because the enemy will be stuborn if he has more ranks than you. With "just" CoK Hydras and Chariots as the attack i think they always will have the rank edge.

Your Mum Rang
22-06-2010, 11:43
A fair point. In fact the missions are the first thing I'll be looking at when I see the book again because they may well affect my list considerable.

Still, one short range volley + stand and shoot from those blocks is enough to hurt the enemy's main blocks enough.

EDIT: The initial incarnation of this list included a block of 20 Black Guard in place of the CoK. would these be stronger?

Ellikka
22-06-2010, 14:50
the might the can dish out 16 attacks at 4 strength with I 6 with a re-roll in every turn and a potential 3+ rankbonus, while the CoK just hits hard on the charge with 11 str 6 and 5 str 4 and 1+ rankbonus. But i don't have the rulebook either so until I read the missions i cant say what is a superior choice.

Your Mum Rang
22-06-2010, 16:50
Plus Cavalry cannot enter buildings and I believe that there is a mission whereby a watchtower must be stormed.