PDA

View Full Version : WoC [2,000pts] 8th Ed. First List

Pawn of Decay
22-06-2010, 15:30
Part of the reason I joined Warseer was because I am wanting to start playing Fantasy. I've played 40k for 15 years and Fantasy has always appealed to me and with the new Rules Edition I decided to finally give it ago.

As my name might suggest I am a big fan of all things Nurgle. Please bear in mind that whilst I am a very competitive player I have tried to stick with a theme for the army at the same time. Nurgle and Khorne have fought side by side on numerous occasions and I could never see a problem with a cunning Nurgle lord using some Khornates as Shock Troops.

I decided to start with a 2,000pts army. Whilst I like the Warrior of Chaos models I found the Chosen models certanly didn't fit what I wanted. So to represent my army I will be basing all the Warriors, the Lord and Chosen off of the Marauder Models. So the theme for the Army is a Roving Warband of Norse like Nurgle followers with some khorne thrown in for fun.

Please feel free to leave any comments or criticisms. All advice welcome.

Lord:

Chaos Lord - 375pts
- Mark of Nurgle
- Rune Sword
- Armour of Damnation
- Palaquin

Hero:

Sorceror - 175pts
- Mark of Nurgle
- Level 2 Wizard
- Infernal Puppet

Core:

Warriors of Chaos (17) - 326pts
- Mark of Nurgle
- Champion
- Standard Bearer
- Additional Hand Weapons

Side Note: Deployed in ranks of 6. Sorcerer will join them.

Marauder Horsemen (10) - 180pts
- Mark of Khorne
- Flails

Special:

Chosen (20) - 480pts
- Mark of Nurgle
- Champion with Favour of the Gods
- Standard Bearer with War Banner
- Additional Hand Weapons

Side Note: Deployed in ranks of 8. Chaos Lord will join them.

Rare:

Chaos Giant - 255pts
- Mark of Khorne

Hell Cannon - 205pts

theSkullduggery1
22-06-2010, 23:19
IMO MoK on a Chaos Giant isn't worth 30 points, a lot of the special attacks from the giant don't even use his strength, if you are willing to break your MoK/MoN once MoS is really nice on a giant...if not, I wouldn't give it a mark at all.

I'm also not a big fan of the Chaos Runesword, I'd rather have the Axe of Khorne with killing blow due to all of the challenges we must issue...but I know some people aren't fans of putting items belonging to a god to a character with a different mark.

Pawn of Decay
23-06-2010, 08:02
I would rather not cross Gods items between Marks purely for the Theme of the army. I went for the Rune Sword option as it makes the Chaos Lord WS 9. Anything with WS 5 or less is hitting him on 5's then having to re-roll any successful hits.

If I drop the Mark of Khorne on the Giant I can give my Lord a shield and potentially with the 20 pts left over give the Marauder Horsemen Light Armour.

ChaosPhoenix
23-06-2010, 14:47
If I'm not mistaken, you need at least 3 core units.

Althwen
23-06-2010, 14:55
If I'm not mistaken, you need at least 3 core units.

It says in the title it's supposed to be an 8th edition army list. So while I'm not really sure about the army list composition in the edition, I do know that there's no more minumum Core units required as per 7th edition. (There's still some min. requirements but in another form)

As for your army I can only say: It's damnable slow. I haven't played any 8th edition battles yet, but I think you'll be gunned and magicked down before you reach the other side of the table.

Pawn of Decay
24-06-2010, 09:40
The Fast Cavalry now have something called Vanguard. They can move 12" before the game starts. My entire army has MoN so everything is at minus 1 to hit me. Sure it's a slow moving army but when it gets stuck in (and a lot of it should survive) i'm hoping that should then rip things to shreads.

And you are mistaken. You need a minimum of 3 UNITS in your army. As long as you spend 25% of your army on Core you're fine.