PDA

View Full Version : 8th Ed "Killing Blow"

stashman
22-06-2010, 16:13
Will killing blow add a boost to 8th ed.?

If a character with killing blow is mounted on a monster, does the killing blow work on same size?

How good will the Tomb Scorpion or Manticore be with the new killing blow? Can they tear a giant apart in one blow?

jamano
22-06-2010, 16:52
Theres "heroic killing blow" which refers to using KB on bigger base size models(or what wouldve been higher unit strength ones in 7th) other than that it's the same though

Shield of Freedom
22-06-2010, 16:56
Jamano is correct. It doesn't matter how big you are, Killing Blow only allows you to "killing blow" man-sized models (to include the RIDERS on monsters). Heroic Killing Blow is what you'll need to cause a "killing blow" on anything else.

Trains_Get_Robbed
22-06-2010, 17:43
Uh. . . Not from what I understood if your mounted on a Juggernut and you have the KB ability you can KB anything on that size base and lower with the charcter on top in this case. It dosen't make much sense but it would be fair since if you wanted to start KB dragons, would need a dragon sized base which would be a point sink for your charcter.At least its not as chessy 150 pts demon dragon killer lol. :p

Sygerrik
22-06-2010, 17:51
Uh. . . Not from what I understood if your mounted on a Juggernut and you have the KB ability you can KB anything on that size base and lower with the charcter on top in this case. It dosen't make much sense but it would be fair since if you wanted to start KB dragons, would need a dragon sized base which would be a point sink for your charcter.At least its not as chessy 150 pts demon dragon killer lol. :p

that is not the case. it was a rumor but it's not true. the ability to KB anything larger than a man is Heroic KB, which IS in the rules but is a separate thing.

Trains_Get_Robbed
22-06-2010, 17:57
Really? I tried to argue what has been stated so far by the 3 of you and 3 or 4 people at my local store ripped in to me for not reading the book. -ironically they we're hoarding it so I couldn't double check it. :rolleyes: Some peoples childern.

GodlessM
22-06-2010, 17:57

Well then you understand incorrectly.