PDA

View Full Version : HE Loremaster's Cloak against miscasts?

Lathaon
22-06-2010, 17:27
Loremaster's Cloak
'Gives the wearer and the unit he is with a 2+ Ward save against wounds caused by spells. It has no effect against shooting or close combat attacks.'

So, does it protect against wounds from miscasts? Can spells be said to cause miscasts?

Godgolden
22-06-2010, 17:53
Logic would lead to say no, your nott he target of a spell, a spell isnt doing damage to you.

thats how i see it anyway

Eumerin
22-06-2010, 18:41
If it didn't work against miscasts in 7th edition (and based on the wording provided I would assume that it didn't), then it won't work against them in 8th edition.

Lathaon
22-06-2010, 18:50
If it didn't work against miscasts in 7th edition (and based on the wording provided I would assume that it didn't), then it won't work against them in 8th edition.

Miscasts weren't as dangerous in 7th, so I never thought of using it that way. However, it only worked against enemy spells in the previous HE army book.

Logic would lead to say no, your nott he target of a spell, a spell isnt doing damage to you.

The spell may not do the damage, but the damage would not be done if the spell was not (mis)cast.

Paraelix
23-06-2010, 02:39
The spell may not do the damage, but the damage would not be done if the spell was not (mis)cast.

Which is tantamount to saying you'd get a 2+ ward against anything that had a spell cast on it... ie Flaming Sword. You're groping at straws mate...