PDA

View Full Version : victory conditions in 8th

orcs of fire
22-06-2010, 17:31
hi guys (an gals), I was just reading through July's white dwarf and saw this under the victory points 'box' in the game of empire vs O&G,

rules for victory points on page 143 of the warhammer rulebook say you need to score twice as many victory points as your opponant to win a game. This is a mistake, and should read that you need to score 100 more victory points than your opponant to win the game, and at least twice as many points to achieve a crushing victory.

So, what do you think? To me this seems to be - although minor - a silly mistake by GW that should probably not have happened.

It also makes me think that games will be a fair bit easier to win for armies that rely on shoot a bit then run away a lot (I'm looking at you wood elves ;))

GodlessM
22-06-2010, 18:00
Thing is people have claimed to see the proper ruling in the rulebook, so I'd say it is more an error on WD's part thinking they saw something in the book that they didn't. Like when they say the Hydra has 7 wounds.

Grey Man
22-06-2010, 18:46
Like when they say the Hydra has 7 wounds.

If only it did!

*waits while the flame cannons warm up*

Dezartfox
22-06-2010, 19:19
Each rulebook comes with a tiny sheet with a small errata on, I think it only mentions what's above :)

minionboy
22-06-2010, 19:23
hi guys (an gals), I was just reading through July's white dwarf and saw this under the victory points 'box' in the game of empire vs O&G,

So, what do you think? To me this seems to be - although minor - a silly mistake by GW that should probably not have happened.

It also makes me think that games will be a fair bit easier to win for armies that rely on shoot a bit then run away a lot (I'm looking at you wood elves ;))

Thing is people have claimed to see the proper ruling in the rulebook, so I'd say it is more an error on WD's part thinking they saw something in the book that they didn't. Like when they say the Hydra has 7 wounds.

The errata is already included on an insert on p.143 of the rulebook. It is indeed misprinted in the Rulebook, and the clarification the OP said is correct.

Bac5665
22-06-2010, 20:06
My question is: what about half-dead units? I can't find any rule that says that half-dead units give half VPs anymore. This is a huge, huge change, and I am wondering if that clarification is on the rules insert or if it truly has been dropped.

blackjack
22-06-2010, 22:23
every single thing in this version points to huge blocks with high LD.

Stubborn 10 rerolling blocks of 50+ will give up 0 vp in an average game.