PDA

View Full Version : My new army

Ryan814
22-06-2010, 17:44
So i recently felt the call of the bray herd, and started new beast men, only a small purchase to start grabbed a box of Gors, Ungors, and a Hero with 2 hand weapons, just wondering if anyone looking forward knows wether I should rig the Gors with shields or 2HW. Also any suggestion on how to expand my force would be great I only know that I want a unit of centigors so far and hopefully someday i'll get creative enough for a jabber slythe.

dragonet111
22-06-2010, 17:52
Hi.

I don't play beast considering that the combo shield/hand weapon now give a 6+ ward save I personally would go with 2 hand weapons (and a horde formation but that's just me:D). I think it suits better beastmen to go all out in attack.

Hrokka `Eadsplitter
22-06-2010, 17:52
Bestigors is a pain in the *** to meet, so I should advice you to make zum of 'em:)

Sygerrik
22-06-2010, 17:58
So i recently felt the call of the bray herd, and started new beast men, only a small purchase to start grabbed a box of Gors, Ungors, and a Hero with 2 hand weapons, just wondering if anyone looking forward knows wether I should rig the Gors with shields or 2HW. Also any suggestion on how to expand my force would be great I only know that I want a unit of centigors so far and hopefully someday i'll get creative enough for a jabber slythe.

Go with 2HW. You won't be much more survivable with HW/shield, and you're throwing LOTS of attacks anyways. Also, Razorgors. They're so freaking awesome now-- their big problem was Panic, which is no longer a problem since they cause Fear, and the combination of Stomp and the ability to get a rank bonus with 3 guys means a unit of 6 (or 5 with a Gorbull, HENNGGH?) is a serious deathstar.

Voss
22-06-2010, 18:49
Everything you say about razorgors hold true for minotaurs as well, plus they get impact attacks and options. And cost less money.

well, except neither unit is a serious deathstar, as a you can't build a deathstar on toughness alone. Lacking in armor and initiative, they'll take serious wounds.

dragonet111
22-06-2010, 19:49
Everything you say about razorgors hold true for minotaurs as well, plus they get impact attacks and options. And cost less money.

well, except neither unit is a serious deathstar, as a you can't build a deathstar on toughness alone. Lacking in armor and initiative, they'll take serious wounds.

Agree.

Also (that's only my opinion:D)they look way better, the razorgors are ugly. Maybe the models are nice when you see them for real but on the picture they are a big failure.

Ryan814
22-06-2010, 19:58
Another quick question is are Ungor raiders as awesome and useful as i think they will be?

LevDaddy
22-06-2010, 20:12
Ungor Raiders could be nice, for the points, anyway.

Clearly the Beastmen's weaknesses are low Armour and Initiative (as mentioned by Voss), so you'll really have to swarm enemies and get into the attack quickly. Using Ungor Raiders and other ambushing units can be very effective...at least they better be to be competitive. If you can divide the enemies forces and get into the flanks and rears quickly through ambushing or otherwise, you'll be able to mitigate shooting and not let the enemy concentrate it's firepower on your heavy hitting Mino's, Razors, Chariots etc.

I wish Centigors could Ambush, I don't know how effective they are.

Latro_
22-06-2010, 21:22
I think since the restriction on special slots is 50% now now 4 units, Harpies will be replacing a lot of the ungor raider spam from 7th.

Go for 2hw with gors, 6x5 formation i think will be the norm, with a character in the front.

Also ungor spearmen now became rather good than just a 'never bother' option. Might be a good idea to have a massive unit of them.