Special: 162 - 7.2%

6X Cold One Knights
Total: 162

Rare: 175

Hydra - 7.8%
Total: 175

Total: 2,229

This leaves me with 21 points to play with to adjust some items

So the general idea is character heavy but i like it right now. the bsb goes in the spear man unit who is flanked by the corsairs. they will work in tandem together. the hydra and knights try to crunch harder things in the flank. for the characters it is pretty basic, a powerful sorceress, bsb anti magic bubble, a character killer, and a horde killer, with these guys i feel that i have the major areas of the game covered.

Please leave constructive criticism =)

D'Haran
23-06-2010, 15:09
I'm liking the list, that said there's a few things that worry me. First you have no large block of executioners/BG, this means no rank breaking hammers, in fact you only have 2 units capable of breaking ranks unless you planned to run the CoK in 2 ranks (have to have an extra rank to break ranks).

You could run the DR's as one unit with 2 ranks or drop one to add to the CoK and try to get it to 10 models. Dropping corsairs and a unit of xbowmen for some BG could work well, especially since with the ASF banner and a champion running at 5 wide they're getting 15 ASF S4 attacks which will be rerolleing misses in every round of combat (assuming you have higher I than your opponent)

Don Zeko
23-06-2010, 15:27
Is this intended to be an 8th edition list?

blackjack
23-06-2010, 16:12
keep in mind ring of hotek is powerless until de get a faq. there is no more miscast, only loss of control.

Amnar
23-06-2010, 17:07
I'm liking the list, that said there's a few things that worry me. First you have no large block of executioners/BG, this means no rank breaking hammers, in fact you only have 2 units capable of breaking ranks unless you planned to run the CoK in 2 ranks (have to have an extra rank to break ranks).

You could run the DR's as one unit with 2 ranks or drop one to add to the CoK and try to get it to 10 models. Dropping corsairs and a unit of xbowmen for some BG could work well, especially since with the ASF banner and a champion running at 5 wide they're getting 15 ASF S4 attacks which will be rerolleing misses in every round of combat (assuming you have higher I than your opponent)

ASF is useless on BG, they have warrior elite and reroll misses anyways. Banner of Murder is far better for them.

tmarichards
23-06-2010, 22:54
keep in mind ring of hotek is powerless until de get a faq. there is no more miscast, only loss of control.

Not exactly true, the way I read it in the book was that a double 6 does indeed mean a Loss of Control, which entails the spell being FIRST cast with Irresistible Force, then a roll on the Miscast table. So, items like the Book of Hoeth and Ring of Hotek are still good, if not even better.

LanceSaba
23-06-2010, 23:15
saw the book and have to change some items around. magic item point cost have changed so it will effect what i can take. the general idea would be the same but the character killers items will change. still same role though and the sorceress will max out on items.

the spear men will have the ap banner.

like i said it is a little character heavy. i wanted to stay away from the over used stuff so i might even drop the pendant in an updated list to have a stronger magic phase. over all i really can't fit anything else into the list (nor do i really have any money at the moment) and with only one rank breaker it buts me in a bind. though it doesn't really matter because they still would or wouldn't keep stubborn with out rank bonus so it is really just about combat rez and i should have enough to stay against most assaults with a ld 9 bsb in the unit. and i have the chariot to rip a horde unit a new one.