PDA

View Full Version : Tyranid FAQs vs Blood Angels FAQs: Which will come first?

Blink
23-06-2010, 08:19
Having already been nearly half a year since the release of the Tyranid Codex, Hive Mind players have yet to have their many valid questions satisfied by those with the answers they desire.

However, players of Space Wolves received an in depth FAQs within a short 2 months.

Reaching that time frame for the Blood Angels, I present the question to be evaluated by your opinions, guesses, and estimates.

Which will come first?

Taking all bets.

ehlijen
23-06-2010, 08:22
In a race between a rock, don't varnish your clams.

But honestly, meh. Both codices are workable between friends as they are. But if I had to make a guess: the yellow one.

daboarder
23-06-2010, 09:01
honestly with GW's track record of ignoring and denying their mistakes I dont expect to EVER get a tyranid FAQ

AbusePuppy
23-06-2010, 09:14
Is this even a question we have to ask ourselves? "Which will get attention first: an Imperium faction or a Xenos faction?"

Man oh man, I just wonder. A mystery for the ages indeed.

player21
23-06-2010, 09:23
Dark eldar will get an FAQ before both. I feel like the nids FAQ will be out sometime in august. GW got to get all the army books FAQ for WFB first.

Netfreakk
23-06-2010, 09:33
nids will not get a faq until after BA, because nids has so many ambiguous things that they need the extra time.

Fanboy
23-06-2010, 10:53
Neither, GW has no idea what they are doing, or what they were doing, for both codices.......

Yours Thankfully

Fanboy

Nezalhualixtlan
23-06-2010, 13:45
Blood Angels are Space Marines, of course they will get their FAQ before the Tyranids which are only mere Xenos. Plus, the Blood Angels Codex needs it less than the Tyranids, so it would only make sense to make the Tyranid rules wait longer in confusion than clarify the situation.

Lord Damocles
23-06-2010, 16:34
Taking all bets.
6th edition Rulebook.

Look inside yourself: You know it to be true :p

hungry hungry hormagaunt
23-06-2010, 16:48
Both at once, after all the Fantasy releases are over. The BA FAQ will be finished first but GW will delay it because they don't want to look like they really don't care about the Tyranids.

Fixer
23-06-2010, 17:15
GW FAQs are the strangest of things.

Player: Hey Games Workshop, looks like you made a mistake here. Due an to interpretation of the Tank shock rules it means that the anti infantry Deffrollas might work against and also be really good against tanks.

GW: You're right. We did make a mistake and the anti infantry Deffrollas do work really well against tanks.

Player: *awkward pause* Thanks for clearing that up.

SPYDER68
23-06-2010, 17:22
Next FaQ will be on the next codex thats out. They will skip these 2 for a year or so.

sliganian
23-06-2010, 17:23
GW FAQs are the strangest of things.

Player: Hey Games Workshop, looks like you made a mistake here. Due an to interpretation of the Tank shock rules it means that the anti infantry Deffrollas might work against and also be really good against tanks.

GW: You're right. We did make a mistake and the anti infantry Deffrollas do work really well against tanks.

Player: *awkward pause* Thanks for clearing that up.

HA! :D

The truth of your post is so painfully true it is laughable -- "laughable" in one of those long, cackling laughs that starts deep in your gut and erupts in sustained whooping, causing your eyes to roll back and others to fear for their safety, and ends in tears.

I bet if someone combed all the FAQ's they could find other examples of this formula respone:

Q: Issue X leads to Y. Did you mean for X to lead to Y?

A: No, we did not mean for X to lead to Y. X leading to Y is a valid situation.

Torga_DW
23-06-2010, 18:04
Commander

Location: Will someone fall from heaven, and join me on the floor?
Originally Posted by Leman_Russ
How hard is it too add one line of text?

Ritual of the Boot:
30 hours of praying to the computer's machine spirit.
1 hour amd 30 minutes of blessing the computer with sacred oils.
(at this point you may strike the "on" button)
5 minutes of watching in awe as the computer displays its sacred story of the boot.
Time taken: 31 hours 35 minutes

Ritual of Editing:
2 hours praying to the computer's machine spirit.
1 hours of blessing the computer with sacred oils.
10 hours of the chant: "WTF did I save that file?!?"
2 minutes of editing.
Time taken: 13 hours and 2 minutes

Ritual of Exporting:
3 hours praying to the computer's machine spirit.
2 hours of blessing the computer with sacred oils.
10 hours of a chant sacred to the lesser machine god Adobe, that they might bless you with the sacred pdf format.
1 hour of horror staring at a Blue Screen of Death, as you realise that the chaos god of Windows has infiltrated your machine spirit.
Time taken: 16 hours

Ritual of the Boot (part2):
1 hour of the sacred chant "Die, you stinking machine of the warp!"
5 minutes of applying the sacred Boot of Steel Toecappedness to the computer.
Time taken: 1 hour 5 minutes

Ritual of Desperation:
3 hours of calling the local Computer Techpriest to beg him to do the updates on his computer.
5 hours of waiting for the Computer Techpriest to finish recompiling their computer's machine spirit (because I was like, bored, and my machine spirit is now a whole 0.0000001% more efficient now!)
2 minutes of waiting for the Computer Techpriest to do the update and export the pdf.
Time taken: 8 hours and 2 minutes

Total time taken: 69 hours 44 minutes

Hopefully, this should explain why GW's Administratum doesn't update FAQs quite as quickly as we'd like.

hungry hungry hormagaunt
23-06-2010, 21:47
"Hey, GW, rule X actually means Y."

"Wow, you're right. We totally didn't mean for it to do that. But what the hell do we know? That's what the rules say, so that's how you'll play it. We couldn't possibly overwrite the rules. What do you think this is, an errata document?"

Blink
24-06-2010, 02:39
I REALLY hope there is a Nid FAQs soon. The amount of complaints and questions I hear at tourneys and stuff gets ridiculous.

Wolf Lord Balrog
24-06-2010, 02:59
"Hey, GW, rule X actually means Y."

"Wow, you're right. We totally didn't mean for it to do that. But what the hell do we know? That's what the rules say, so that's how you'll play it. We couldn't possibly overwrite the rules. What do you think this is, an errata document?"

You are correct of course. And what causes this is the fact that different people work on the FAQs and the original Codexes. Apparently the FAQ-writers don't feel sufficiently authorized to override the Codex in a meangful way. So you have this constant deferral to the RAW of the Codex, and not nearly as much is cleared up as needs to be.

ehlijen
24-06-2010, 04:58
Another factor is that few were happy with the constant revisions they used to do in 3rd ed either. GW's goal now is to have one book you can use no matter what they put out on the webpage. If they make mistakes, they can't correct them without abandoning that goal or rereleasing the codex.

Grenoir
30-06-2010, 12:47
Did anyone vote "both on the same day" because they're both on the GW site now :-)

Xelloss
30-06-2010, 13:21
Players : "rule X doesn't makes sense ! please fix it"
GW : "question : Does perfectly clear rule Y works as written in the rulebook ?
Answer : Yes."

Edit :

Did anyone vote "both on the same day" because they're both on the GW site now :-)
As expected, no modification of the thorax swarms. "Look, here are three weapons of the same cost. One is better than the others 95% of the times, and the second the remaining 5%... I wonder which one you will choose"

xor
30-06-2010, 13:24

Guess I need to sell my Tyranids fast before the information is widespread :( This is the fail of fails.

hungry hungry hormagaunt
30-06-2010, 14:03

Both at once, after all the Fantasy releases are over. The BA FAQ will be finished first but GW will delay it because they don't want to look like they really don't care about the Tyranids.

I claim my five pounds.

Kirby
30-06-2010, 14:23
Guess I need to sell my Tyranids fast before the information is widespread :( This is the fail of fails.

What because GW followed it's own rules allowing models to DS anywhere (mawlocs) and not affecting units embarked unless specifically stated (DoM)? GW has done a good job of addressing the major issues.

Wade Wilson
30-06-2010, 14:27
Hey Kirby. im sure we will have a huge thread about this in an hour or so (or on the tyranid tactica thread). At first glance i think some of GW rules are quite fair but others contrary to fluff (shadow of the warp NOT affecting psykers in a transport?). At least it has closed the debate on lash whips/banshee screams and the Doom of Malatai sprirt leech ability.

xor
30-06-2010, 14:28
What because GW followed it's own rules allowing models to DS anywhere (mawlocs) and not affecting units embarked unless specifically stated (DoM)? GW has done a good job of addressing the major issues.
I never fileded the Doom or the Mawloc, waited for the FAQ. The SiTW versus embarked psykers is the one that bothers me.

Kirby
30-06-2010, 14:31
I never fileded the Doom or the Mawloc, waited for the FAQ. The SiTW versus embarked psykers is the one that bothers me.

Granted but it's consistent with the other powers in that particular FAQ. Will be interesting to see if other anti-psy is unusable on embarked units. Just makes Deathleaper even more valuable as utility.