PDA

View Full Version : 2X 2,250 DE (with a glance at the book)

LanceSaba
24-06-2010, 00:52
There are two list here using up most of my models the first is more aggressive the second is more defensive

Lords:

Supreme Sorceress
Lvl 4
Dark Pegasus
Black Staff
+4 Ward

Heroes:

Master
BSB
Ring of Hotek
Armor of darkness
Halbered

Master
Heavy Armor
Sea Dragon Cloak
Shield
Dark steed
Lance
Potion of Strength (common magic)
New helm (ld test)

Master
Heavy Armor
Sea Dragon Cloak
Shield
Cold One Chariot
Black Dragon Eggs
Sword of might

Core:

49X Spear men
Shields
Musician, Banner Bearer - 15 point banner (+ ld)
Total: 367

15X corsairs
Full Command - Sea Serpent Banner
Total: 200

10X Crossbowmen
Shields
Total: 110

10X Crossbowmen
Shields

5X Dark Riders
Total: 85

5X Dark Riders

Special:

6X Cold One Knights
Total: 162

Rare:

Hydra
Total: 175

Total: 2,249

Second list

Lords:

Supreme Sorceress
Lvl 4
Sacrificial Dagger
+ 4 Ward

Heroes:

Master
BSB
Ring of Hotek
Armor of darkness
Halberd

Master
Heavy Armor
Sea Dragon Cloak
Shield
Dark steed
Lance
Potion of Strength (common item)
Helm (ld test)

Core:

48X Spear men
Shields
Full Command - Banner of Murder
Total: 376

15X corsairs
Full Command - Sea Serpent Banner
Total: 200

10X Crossbowmen
Shields

10X Crossbowmen
Shields

5X Dark Riders

5X Dark Riders

Special:

5X Shades

6X Cold One Knights
Total: 162

Rare:

2X Bolt Throwers

Hydra
Total: 175

Total: 2,248

The chariot master is such a bad guy to T3 5+ saves with his boat load of str 5 attacks and a breath weapon just to make it worse. he should be able to break a horde with a co charge of the hydra

LanceSaba
24-06-2010, 20:33
Come on throw me a bone here. which one do you think is better? are either of them good? as for the character hunter his first priority is the lvl 4s and i think the helm is decent for mage hunting as they usually have low leadership the potion i hope to save for the BSB or general. he has a +1 armor in CC +0 for range (take that hand guns)

Your Mum Rang
24-06-2010, 20:51
If I'm honest, neither. I think that you lack hitting units in both and spend too many pts in characters. If I were facing this with my army I have;
Dragonlord + Lvl 2
2 x 30 RxB + 30 Spears + 2 x 5 Harpies + DR
2 x Chariot
2 x Hydrae

I can safely say your RxB would be dead or disabled turn 1. With 2 Rings around (mine is on my Dragon) your Lvl4 must be careful and avoid my Hunters whilst nothing you have can really stand up to the Dragon and 2 Hydrae in CC, particularly if you remember my shooting will be chipping ranks off your combat units. I can then charge in and unload 4 breath weapons on your Speears at some point.

I am not starting a pissing contest, just trying to look at the army from my POV.

I really think the new DE must be an army of clear hammers and anvils. We can't really win the war of attrition. As such you need a holding unit and a selection of hitty flankers as ideally you don't want to have a unit hold out for more than 1/2 turns.

I would lose some Characters and split those Spearmen up. They cannot really be expected to grind things down and you have little in the way of things to relive them once they get trapped in combat.

Have a look at some of the other lists posted recently. In particular look at some of the WoC lists. These are the scariest IMO. Think about what your army could do against these and I think often you'll find yourself relying too much on the Lvl4.

Anyway, please let me know if you think I have misunderstood the army. It's by no means bad but I think the DE need to play smart this edition.