PDA

View Full Version : Winning pose and happy dance

Claudio
24-06-2010, 04:45
Do you think space marines, imperial guard, inquisitors, etc, may do a happy dance or a winning pose after beating a powerfull enemy? Or maybe they say something cool before the killing blow?

TheSanityAssassin
24-06-2010, 04:48
Imperial guard might do a happy dace to still be alive. Inquisitors will probably be relatively cool about it, but might show some emotion if they're of a more radical bent or have tracked down and finally killed a long time foe.

Marines wouldn't dance, but you would likely get a victory cry from nearly any chapter, and some heroic posing (arms in the air or the like) from some of the more brash ones, like a Space Wolf or a White Scar.

ehlijen
24-06-2010, 04:55
You mean like a Warboss carefully placing the head of his bested foe upon the rack of displaying past victories? Ie jamming it on'a pike?

I don't think the imperial marines would do it much. But I can see:

The lieutennant pointing out to the guardsmen:
"See? These orks are just as fragile as the uplifting primer says. You just gotta know where to stab them."
The Hive tyrant continuing on with a guardsmen leg still sticking out of his teeth.
The Inquisitor yelling at his dead opponents face:
"Did you expect that, punk? Did you?"
The Shas'la pointing and laughing at a marines very short bolter...
The Khorne bezerker who needs to have his friends point out that he's already done killing and is just making a mess now.

And queue more replies:

sigur
24-06-2010, 07:46
Do you think space marines, imperial guard, inquisitors, etc, may do a happy dance or a winning pose after beating a powerfull enemy? Or maybe they say something cool before the killing blow?

I do not think so but you're free to hop around like a monkey if you achieve something.

samuraibobx
24-06-2010, 09:28
Or maybe they say something cool before the killing blow?

Meanwhile, high above the planet Miamicus, a Lord Inquisitor watches through the viewport at the hordes of Tyranids below. His only attendant is his trusty scribe who has followed him through more campaigns than he could imagine.

"Sir, we are clear to proceed."

The man answers curtly on his personal communicator.
"Excellent. Fire the melta-torpedos."

The scribe merely watches as his lord sacrifices the lives of billions to save yet even more lives in the process. His reverent gaze turns upwards as his liege produces a pair of optical shades. The melta-torpedos went off, burning the image of a dying planet straight into the poor scribe's eyes. His inquisitor gives a soft smile; only a fool would mistake it for joviality. Only two lines are uttered, interrupted only by donning the protective eyewear.

"Looks like these bugs..."

The shades went on against the galre of cleansing fire.

"...got squashed."

*cue to 'We Won't Get Fooled Again'*

AndrewGPaul
24-06-2010, 10:33
You're a bad, bad man.

On the other hand, Horatio Caine is a good name for an Inquisitor.

Godzooky
24-06-2010, 12:46
I'm guessing the Dark Angels maintain a facade of austerity upon the field of victory, but they all privately smirk in the knowledge the silent void twixt the stars will reverberate to the bass thrums of dodgy German techno blasting from the Rock that very night. :shifty:

Ba'al Starslayer
24-06-2010, 13:02
Have you SEEN the intro to Fire Warrior???
"What of this one, Brother Sergeant?"
"... No Witnesses."
*Stamp*

:p

BigbyWolf
24-06-2010, 13:31
I’m pretty sure that the latest Blood Angels and Imperial Guard codices specifically state that dancing is no longer considered appropriate in the Imperium. If this is the case I hardly see them doing it after a kill. And even if they did you can bet the Inquisition would be right there to take them out.

lethlis
24-06-2010, 13:47
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=141795.0

I give you the saga of the disco marines.

Inquisitor Caine YYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHH.

Illiterate Scribe
24-06-2010, 13:56
If you can't purge with the best then jam with the rest.

DarthSte
24-06-2010, 15:07
Iím pretty sure that the latest Blood Angels and Imperial Guard codices specifically state that dancing is no longer considered appropriate in the Imperium. If this is the case I hardly see them doing it after a kill. And even if they did you can bet the Inquisition would be right there to take them out.

Really? I suppose it sounds plausible, I'd be interested if you could provide a page reference though.

Corax
24-06-2010, 16:28
I submit for your consideration: The Stormtrooper victory dance (http://stormtrooperhump.ytmnd.com/)

Sunfang
24-06-2010, 17:27
I submit for your consideration: The Stormtrooper victory dance (http://stormtrooperhump.ytmnd.com/)

wow.. ^

If I was a gaurdsman I would dance when a Leman Russ crushed a bunch of termogaunts or shredded a carnofex.

I imagine my eldar start painting when they win...

Oh and I often dance after a succesful game.

Flying Toaster
24-06-2010, 20:28
Have you SEEN the intro to Fire Warrior???
"What of this one, Brother Sergeant?"
"... No Witnesses."
*Stamp*

:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzzzOGLztRE&feature=related

Green-is-best
24-06-2010, 20:52
In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war. No time for happy dances.

dragonet111
24-06-2010, 20:57
I never thought of that I need to find a happy dance for my Blood Feathers

Maybe I can just swing my oversized sword with a funny music final fantasy 7 style.:D

puppetmaster24
24-06-2010, 21:02
When a guard army defeats a nid hoard they all say in unison "you got bug zapped".

Sunfang
24-06-2010, 21:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzzzOGLztRE&feature=related

HAHA

I havnt seen that, it is terrible...I am surprised GW let that fly. Why would it matter if there were witnesses? Wouldnt it be better? Also after extraction would they just fire bomb the place.

Stupid tau didnt even see it comming...I would of happy danced after I curb stomped his little grey head. :O

dragonet111
24-06-2010, 21:11
HAHA

I havnt seen that, it is terrible...I am surprised GW let that fly. Why would it matter if there were witnesses? Wouldnt it be better? Also after extraction would they just fire bomb the place.

Stupid tau didnt even see it comming...I would of happy danced after I curb stomped his little grey head. :O

Well the governor was corrupted by chaos IIRC so he didn't want the Imperium to know what happened.
PS don't bother to find that game it's pretty crappy.

BigbyWolf
25-06-2010, 09:57
Really? I suppose it sounds plausible, I'd be interested if you could provide a page reference though.

Not having the books to hand I'm not sure, I do remember it came after the bit with the tanks.

Sir_Lunchalot
26-06-2010, 06:04
well, y'know how during the last century some soldiers would write stuff on ordinance like "to: <enemy leader>". I can totally see some smart@@@ guardsmen writing "To whom it may concern" on an earthshaker round.

Corax
26-06-2010, 11:44
well, y'know how during the last century some soldiers would write stuff on ordinance like "to: <enemy leader>". I can totally see some smart@@@ guardsmen writing "To whom it may concern" on an earthshaker round.

I'm pretty sure that still goes on. I remember seeing pictures during the Iraq invasion in 2003-4(?) of bombs with messages to Saddam Hussein on them.

DaSpaceAsians
26-06-2010, 11:51
I recall there was a story about Steel Legionnaires writing the names of those who died when Hades Hive fell to Ghazzie on artillery shells so that the spirits of their fallen comrades would get payback.

Lord Asgul
27-06-2010, 00:34
I am going to make Inquisitor Horatio now :P