PDA

View Full Version : Cathayan Longswords?

Bueno
24-06-2010, 09:13
Hi,

Does anyone know:

can you have a an Ogre tyrant equipped with both a cathayan longsword and an ironfist? and if so will you still get the +1 atk or +1 save bonus from the ironfist.

the book says iron fists confer this bonus when used with a mundane hand weapon, i'm not sure if this means mundane as in non magical or mundane as in just the standard handweapon?

cheers

enigma-96
24-06-2010, 09:38
Whether they work together is irrelevant (though I would say yes if the option was there since mundane, to me anyways, means non-magical) because in the ogre tyrant section it's clearly OR for the weapon options so you can't have both, you can have one OR the other. Sorry :)

Just think though that saves you points for the Arabyan Carpet :D

Bueno
24-06-2010, 10:57
ah yes i missed that bit, cheers anyway

darkstar
24-06-2010, 11:44
Well, theoretically, no, they wouldn't be usable together, as the cathayan longsword is not a hand weapon at all.

Bueno
24-06-2010, 13:11
well it clearly states in the "cathayan Longsword" section page 39 of the ogre kingdoms book

"A Cathayan longsword is a one handed weapon that is so finely crafted...."

so yes it is a hand weapon

Ghal Maraz
24-06-2010, 13:14
But Warhammer makes a distinction between a weapon following the rules for "Hand weapon" and weapons described as one handed in their fluff.

Kalandros
24-06-2010, 15:04
One Handed Weapon is NOT a "Hand Weapon"
Hand Weapon is a weapons rule
'One Handed Weapon' is a general term to define how many hands it uses.

Bueno
24-06-2010, 16:19
no wander GW need so many FAQs, so much to get wrong from the smallest of alterations in the way the rules are written, still gotta love GW tho :)

Cambion Daystar
24-06-2010, 16:24
no wander GW need so many FAQs, so much to get wrong from the smallest of alterations in the way the rules are written, still gotta love GW tho :)
Euhm, actually this one is rather clear.

stashman
25-06-2010, 01:39
Cathayan Longsword is great with both WS and I upgrade.

With the new eules I think we will se Ogres with magic shields!

Cathayan Longsword, Shield of Ptolos, Arabic Rug and Pond Stone :D

WS7, S5, T5, W5, I5, A5, 1+ armoursave vs. missile attacks with reroll and Fly ability!

Nasty!