PDA

View Full Version : 40k reactive armor?

Astrotrain
24-06-2010, 10:32
does anyone know where I can get reactive armor plating for my 40k tanks?
I know there are companys that make accsessory sets for model tanks,but I've had no luck locating any reactive armor sets.

AndrewGPaul
24-06-2010, 10:34
The frag launchers on the front of the Land Raider Crusader would work, if you could get enough of them.

Bunnahabhain
24-06-2010, 10:48
Green Stuff Equivilent. Roll it out, but not too well, and sculpt it- ie press some straight lines into it to show the cells.... Easy and cheap.

EDIT: Straight lines in a grid pattern, I mean.

Astrotrain
24-06-2010, 10:57
does anyone know of any third party tank kits that I might be able to raid?Thanks for the ideas but I am not good with green stuff and I think frag launchers would be too hard to round up in large numbers.

Brucopeloso
24-06-2010, 11:14
Green Stuff Equivilent. Roll it out, but not too well, and sculpt it- ie press some straight lines into it to show the cells.... Easy and cheap.

That's more the antimagnetic paste

At the OP: I seem to remember there is plasticard with a square pattern that looks pretty much the part

ehlijen
24-06-2010, 11:22
I think the 2nd ed Predator came with some reactive armour like plating? Not too sure that's what you're looking for, though.

sigur
24-06-2010, 11:26
That's more the antimagnetic paste

This may be how many model Zimmerit but if you make a little pattern of squares, it's just as good for "reactive armour".

@ehlijen: Not really, that was just neat-looking armour plating. :)

Socaddict
24-06-2010, 11:30
Cut plasticard into squares/rectangles.

Jobs a good 'un

Lars Porsenna
24-06-2010, 13:03
Cut plasticard into squares/rectangles.

This is what I'd do. Then add a rivet at each corner to "secure it" and then you're done.

For model kits, some good ones would be Italeri (ex-Esci)'s M60 "Blazer" kit, depicting an M60 in Israeli service. Lots of reactive armor, and if you can find the (identical) Esci issue, you can often get it cheap. Other options can be Academy's version of the same (more expensive) or the US Marines M60. Tamiya also makes an issue of this. Finally, you could plunder some of DML's old Soviet tank kits (like the T-72 or T-80) as they often came with reactive armor tiles.

Damon.

qsd
26-06-2010, 23:54
You can get plasticard with a grid already on it. It's cheaper than buying model kits and you can shape it to whatever you want.

I'm using Evergreen's 1/6" tile sheets for my guard.