PDA

View Full Version : Vespids & Nids... a match made in heaven?

Achilles
25-02-2006, 10:57
After reading that little background story about how Vespids procreate and multiply, i was wondering...

What would happen if the Tyranids absorbes the Vespid into the hive fleets? would the Virus-type procreation of the Vespid allow the Nids to increase their bio-Fodder production even faster? or would they destroy themselves with the procreation-frenzy Vespid suffer from?

or would they just produce tougher Gargoyels?

Brimstone
25-02-2006, 11:00
You do know that background story is fanfic right and bears nothing on common with the actual Vespid background.

Uber gargoyles is what I would think would happen.

Achilles
25-02-2006, 11:01
You do know that background story is fanfic right and bears nothing on common with the actual Vespid background.

Uber gargoyles is what I would think would happen.

is that Fanfic...? go figure... sounded cool enough and very accurate...

But would the Nids be interrested in the Vespid DNA strain....?

skuller
25-02-2006, 11:02
Actually it would produce a tougher gargoyle capable of using techonology and armor but that will have a conflict attacking ethereals tht have vespid sting wing leaders wearing the helmet.
Somenthing like if attacking Tau that have ethereals and vespid each turn roll you and your opponent roll a dice if the tau player roll beat the nyd roll tau gains control o the unit for the duration of the turn..LOL

Mojaco
25-02-2006, 11:32
Actually it would produce a tougher gargoyle capable of using techonology and armor but that will have a conflict attacking ethereals tht have vespid sting wing leaders wearing the helmet.\
Nonsense. They've got the DNA of humans, Tau, Orks, Eldar and many more, and then Vespid DNA is going to provide technological knowledge and armor?

They'd just take their strong sides. And I think Vespid's strong sides are already well represented in the gene-pool. Maybe having six eyes is new for the nids.

cardboard_armour
25-02-2006, 18:52
I love to see a Tyranid swarm going claw to claw with a Vespid swarm. The best battles are between similar foes on differant sides (spiderman vs venom/ wolverine vs sabretooth/ obi wan vs anakin). I doubt vespid are that hot in combat but I reckon they'd engage the Tyranid in the same primal instinctual way using their natural weaponry.

I wouldn't be surprised if the gargoyle was the product of chowing down on the Vespid maybe. They have wings after all. Maybe it'd be cool to make some gargoyle conversions with six eyes and insectoid wings.

Hellebore
25-02-2006, 21:04
The nids do have things they created themselves- not everything in their fleet HAS to be from eating something in OUR galaxy.

otherwise, how would they have invaded if they needed to eat everything here FIRST?

Hellebore