PDA

View Full Version : 1000+1500point Dark elf lists

Spawn of Icarus
25-06-2010, 13:56
This assumes that the rumour of a taliman called "Talisman of preservation" (4+ward for 45 points) is correct.

1000point list
Sorceress
Level 2
Talisman of preservation (8th Ed rumours
say it’s a 4+ ward talisman)
Dark Steed (Goes with dark riders)

Dark Elf Warriors x 15
Shields
Full command

Repeater crossbowmen x 14
shields

shields

Dark Riders x 5
Repeater CrossBows

Repeater Bolt thrower x2
930 points

1500 point list
Lord
Sorceress supreme
Level 4
LifeTaker
Talisman of preservation (8th Ed rumours say it’s a 4+ ward talisman) 45
Dark Steed (Goes with dark riders)

Dark Elf Warriors x 18
Shields
Full command

Dark Elf Warriors x 18
Shields
Full command

shields

shields

Dark Riders x 5
Repeater CrossBows

Dark Riders x 5
Repeater CrossBows

Speical
Cold One Knights x 5

Rare
Repeater Bolt thrower x2

Wanted to get a general opinion on wherther these were awefull ideas for a list or not.

LanceSaba
25-06-2010, 14:03
well first off your first sorceress is illegal because she has 75 points of magic gear and your units are vary small will no units that can break ranks

Spawn of Icarus
25-06-2010, 14:14
oops... was meant to take the bow off the 1000pt one. Will do that now.

How big do you reckon they need to be to break ranks? Also which units need to be able to break the ranks as im guessing you mean flanking in CC?

Not played before so dont know what the "standard" army advice 101 is (Only started collecting saturday, trying to identify what units im aiming for)

LanceSaba
25-06-2010, 15:10
I am in the same boat i have been writing and rewriting list for weeks now. with the new horde rule and stepping up things will change. with out any boosts such as the sweet mindrazor i suggest taking the 7th ed approach and get 25+ spears 5 wide and just keep adding ranks, 30 guys would usually do it maybe more vs horde oriented armies. rank breakers should be 15+ as you need at least one additional rank to the first in order to break the rank (though it won't get rid of stubborn if they have more ranks than you) with a few bodies to spare. breath weapons are devastating so defiantly take a hydra if not more monsters. I personally like chariots for their smack down ability vs T3 5+ guys in the flank if your not into the hydra thing. Crossbowmen are your friend as they pump out 40 shots a turn (10 wide 2 deep). DR aren't as bad a$$ as before but are still good for war machines and people are starting to lean to harpies to fill the same roll. Executioners should be really good if you don't mind making a big unit to compensate for casualties. COK still lay the smack down with speed and should get that new LD banner, I think that they should be used vs more elite guys but watch out for that stubborn it is a beast now vs everything that we use to flank charge with. i personally like WE or corsairs to flank charge but then again i never liked BG =). the only cost effective way to really break ranks are your foot men, spears for cheapness, bowmen for added shooting, corsairs and WE for number of attacks and Exc to crush larger things. the BG are the best of both worlds and can be either hammer or anvil. the bolt thrower is usually hated on forums but what else do we have available with that range and fire power. shades will be great with an assassin holding one of the now many pieces of terrain. as far as magic aim for a lvl 4 and lvl 2 that's what the general consensuses seems to be and don't forget the sacrificial dagger it is beastly in the new addition. or you could forgo the our awesome magic and pick up the damn ring, man that thing is overpowered.

there ya go my rant on the various units of the DE with my limited knowledge of the game =P.