PDA

View Full Version : Revenge of the Daemon Horde!

blackjack
25-06-2010, 16:08
Khorne Blood Thirster CrushyourBones sat on his throne of thigh bones waiting for the lattest report from the world of men when a fury messanger lighted on his shoulder.

"Master, we have word that the fundemental rules of the mortal world have shifted! The power of magic has been reduced and the effectivness of lowly troops greatly increased! It is said that no longer will Daemons be able to run rampant over the armies of mortal beings.

They say our Flesh hounds are useless, that khorne heralds on juggernaughts can be picked out by enemy warmachines and that you my lord will die 'like a sack' to cannons."

With a cry of anquish CrushyourBones smashed the fury with his mighty fist. "Never! The world of men will never produce an army that can withstand the might of Daemons! Gather the host, we will invade the mortal realm and teach all those who think that Daemons are nerfed a terrible lesson!

Ok on July 3-4th I have a 40k tournament, after that I will be getting back into Fantasy and will start by playing an old school 7th ed Daemon army that was pure filth in it's time. I want to see how badly it fares in 8th ed, I will try to get in at least 10 battles with reports/summaries here against armeis desighned for 8th ed (i will try to avoid playing against 7th ed armies using 8th ed rules as it is fairly certian my daemons will win.)

So here is the list. and a Poll. Over 10 games against lists desighned for 8th ed how well do you think it will do?

Blood Thirster
Eternal Fury
Fire Storm Blade
Obsidian Armor

30 Horrors
Full command
Icon of Sorcery

10 Horrors
10 Horrors

Herald of Tzench
Vortex of Power

Herald of Khorne
Armor of Khorne
Fire Storm Blade
Juggernaught
BSB
Icon of Dispare

The Masque

6 Flesh Hounds
6 Flesh Hounds

2 Fiends

2250pts

Seabo
25-06-2010, 16:34
Going for 4 games here as it will probably take a bit for people to get familiarized with the rule changes enough to make use of all the advantages.
Have only had some brief glances of the rules so not sure if this list will still be :cheese: or not....

Malorian
25-06-2010, 17:11
Herald of Khorne
Armor of Khorne
Fire Storm Blade
Juggernaught
BSB
Icon of Dispare

The Masque

This is one thing that will be key for you.

Fear and terror aren't the same trouble they were before (no charge/terror bomb) but the mix of these and being WS 1 when you fail will be huge.

They also bypass the steadfast rule and make hordes easeir to break.

I really think the hounds and the fiends will be letting you down though.

Overall I think that although this is a 7th list it is one of the better ones to transfer over to 8th and that you'll do very vell.

I'm betting for 7 wins.

SevenSins
25-06-2010, 17:58
I went for the undecided vote of 6 wins (so over 50% a vote of confidence in other words ;) )

TheSanityAssassin
25-06-2010, 20:21
Fear and Terror bypass Steadfast? Where did I miss that? I love my Phoenix Guard even more if that's the case!

Once Bitten
25-06-2010, 20:59
Indeed, where and how do fear/terror bypass the steadfast rule? I must have missed it, too.

selone
25-06-2010, 21:06
I think Mal means reducing their LD bypasses the steadfast rule? I voted 6 :)

Toshiro
25-06-2010, 21:43
voted 6, good luck with this one Blackjack, will be interesting to follow :)

Warhammerrox
25-06-2010, 23:25
"Master, we have word that the fundemental rules of the mortal world have shifted!......

You sir, are a comedy genius !!!!

I voted 10 games for the laugh

Malorian
26-06-2010, 03:41
To be clear on what I meant:

-Steadfast makes you test on your unmodified Ld
-You can also use general's LD and reroll with the BSB
-This typically means rerollable Ld9
-HOWEVER if you drop the LD of the general then you are in turn getting around steadfast and lowering their top LD!

So a unit of night goblins have Ld 5... not worries the general is Ld 9... or at least he is until that special character and banner drop it by 4... then the night goblins are testing on Ld 5 either way.

Trust Blackjack to think of something that sneaky ;)

Dungeon_Lawyer
26-06-2010, 07:51
meh I have no idea- I dont have an 8th rulebook yet. In my ignorance I voted 10 games. I do know from reading his batreps that BJ is a saavy general, and its still deamons w/ a Bloodthirster, afterall.

I dont buy the whole OMG their nerfed now chatter-People who are saying that are prob just dopes who played DoC simply because they were the closest army to an autowin in 7th. BJ dont need autowin armies to win 10 games for this list.

Freman Bloodglaive
26-06-2010, 10:10
I'm going with 6 because I'm not convinced that the rules changes do nerf Daemons that much and that is certainly a filthy list.

However I didn't go for 10 because we are talking about a tournament environment where everyone will be taking filthy lists. You may even run into an equivalent daemon army.

Gorak
26-06-2010, 14:53
I run 6 fleshhounds still and sir you will not be disappointed!

blackjack
11-07-2010, 00:20
My first two battles are in. I will post a summary this coming week. Now my opponents where playing what looked like 7th ed lists so it may not be any indication, but I smoked them both. The thirster is still filth, taking away LD is a great way to get by stubborn.

Seabo
11-07-2010, 07:12
Luvly....
Looking forward to reading the reps. You do know that if you win two more I will have to hunt you down as just once I would like to win one of these polls....
:skull:
JK
or am i?......:shifty:

blackjack
12-07-2010, 00:14
Ok 5 games done now.

When a test is done to confirm a new kind of drug and either an outstanding success or outstanding failure is detected, often the test is called off. Either to prevent further harm or to give placibo patients access to a life giving drug.

5 Games, 5 absolute massacres for my daemons.

Many players of course are not up to implementing full 8th edition lists yet but I am calling the experiment off for now. If i show up at my FLGS with this list in the near future people will throw rotten veggies at me.

Malorian
12-07-2010, 13:52
The thirster is still filth, taking away LD is a great way to get by stubborn.

I knew it ;)

Ok 5 games done now.

When a test is done to confirm a new kind of drug and either an outstanding success or outstanding failure is detected, often the test is called off. Either to prevent further harm or to give placibo patients access to a life giving drug.

5 Games, 5 absolute massacres for my daemons.

Many players of course are not up to implementing full 8th edition lists yet but I am calling the experiment off for now. If i show up at my FLGS with this list in the near future people will throw rotten veggies at me.

Might I suggest trying again with a list that doesn't take away leadership...