PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pt. Dwarf Anvil All Comers List

Gorog Irongut
25-02-2006, 13:09
I've left off putting together a list for the new book as I mulled over my likes and dislikes as well as the probabilities of the matter. And so I come forth with my current list which is shy 12 points. What I want to know is if I should sacrifice 4 warriors from 2 of my warrior units sans characters to free up enough points to bring in some crossbows or a grudge thrower.

Runelord
w/ shield, R of Stone, Anvil 323

BSB
w/ Oathstone, MR of Gromril, and resistance 185=508

Thane
w/ Oathstone, shield, GW, R of Stone and Resistance 121=629

Organ Gun 120=749

Gyrocopter 140=889

4x B. Throwers w/ Engineer (60/each) 240=1129

19 L.Beards w/ S. Bearer (Courage) and Champ (shield) 278=1407
Unit for 2nd Thane

19 Warriors w/ shield and champ 181=1588

2x 20 warriors w/ shield. S. Bearer and champ 400=1988

103 Models
7 Dispel Dice
6 Warmachines (including the Anvil)
1 Gyro
4 Combat Units

p.s. After looking it over a couple of times, I'm thinking about dropping one of the bolt throwers. I'm also tempted to change my gyro (which I dearly love) into another organ gun.

Donnie Darko
26-02-2006, 02:48
What are you using the Anvil for? I assume the double move option, since you don't have any shooting troops. This begs why have the gyro? I would switch it out for the other orgran gun to maximise death from incomming units, till you can launch your LB's into combat w/ the anvil on turn 3.

Gorog Irongut
26-02-2006, 14:33
I went back and thought about the army list some more. Trying to figure out the pros and cons. I figured I had pretty darn good anti magic capabilities (esp. with the oathstones), fairly good combat abilities and excellent shooting abilities. In fact, retrospectively, I think I had too much shooting. So I've trimmed the list out and am left with the question of what to do with the remaining 183 pts. I'm tempted to take it down the horde route as well as to toss in another unit of l.beards or hammerers. Here's the list as it stands:

Runelord
w/ shield, R of Stone, Anvil 323

BSB
w/ Oathstone, MR of Grungni 160

Thane
w/ Oathstone, shield, GW, R of Stone and Resistance 121

2x Organ Gun 240

3x B. Throwers w/ Engineer (60/each) 180

16 L.Beards w/ S. Bearer and Champ (shield) 212

19 Warriors w/ shield and champ 181

2x 20 warriors w/ shield. S. Bearer and champ 400

98 Models
7 Dispel Dice
6 Warmachines (including the Anvil)
4 Combat Units

So what would you do with the remaining 183 pts?

me

p.s. I brought the anvil because it allows the dwarf player to have a response in pretty much any situation. It's variable abilities make it much better (IMO) than taking another runesmith with that hero slot. It takes up the same points as well. Just having the ability to target that unit of shades, furies, hellblaster, etc. that you can't see or being able to move a unit at that crucial moment is too good not to take. I haven't mentioned the psychology effects as my dwarfs very rarely fail to pass a test.

chumchu
26-02-2006, 15:03
I would maybe the master rune of grugni on a the longbeards and give the Bsb
master rune of gromril since he must challenge every turn and only has a 4+ save. You could also increase his offense with rune of cleaving. Master rune of dismay is very good for it's points. maybe a spellbreaker rune wouldn't be out of place either. As a safety net against crappy dice rolling at the worst moment.
With the 183 points you could buy some miners, since you already have the anvil. That would put the fear of grugni into your opponent as your can first
come in from a side and then charge in the movement phase. Will make him/her think tvice before trying to outflank you

Gorog Irongut
26-02-2006, 15:32
I would maybe the master rune of grugni on a the longbeards and give the Bsb
master rune of gromril since he must challenge every turn and only has a 4+ save. You could also increase his offense with rune of cleaving. Master rune of dismay is very good for it's points. maybe a spellbreaker rune wouldn't be out of place either. As a safety net against crappy dice rolling at the worst moment.
With the 183 points you could buy some miners, since you already have the anvil. That would put the fear of grugni into your opponent as your can first
come in from a side and then charge in the movement phase. Will make him/her think tvice before trying to outflank you

As far as I'm aware you're only allowed to put master runes on the bsb standard. Plus I'm not that worried as my bsb will only have to challenge if I've dropped the oathstone. The oathstone is there for the magic resistance and as a backup plan if I get really badly outmaneuvered.

I am thinking about getting some miners but right now I'm stuck on the idea of a unit of 5.
1x5miners 55
1x5slayers 55
Divide 1x20 warriors w/ command into 2x12 warriors with no command 16
Giving the longbeards sb the R of Stoicism and Battle 50

That gives me 14 extra models, makes my longbeards buff, and leaves me with 17 points to spare. I guess I could turn the slayer unit into a hammerer unit of 5. So many options with 183 points.