SPECIAL

5 chaos knights=250
Standard
MoN

5 chaos knights=250
Standard
MoN
Total=500

not sure if the chaos knights will be worth it...but i think the black toung will be fun :evilgrin:, just wish i could fit in an infernal puppet :p

Jericho
26-06-2010, 06:30
Characters are a bit of a mess if you ask me... the rest looks good though.

Sword of Battle + Enchanted Shield is a very strange combo and the Disc rider seems very goofy to me as well. Is he going to be fighting or just flying around making people not run away? The XHW is also useless on him, being mounted.

I'd strongly recommend a change on the unmounted Exalted. He's incredibly mediocre at the moment, not being exceptionally good at anything. Give him a ward save or something and he can tank, or give him a better weapon so he can do some real damage. For a cheap and surprisingly tough character I'd consider Mark of Tzeentch, plus really any combination of the new Common Talismans. 5++ or 4++ ward saves can be bought for him, that will stack with his mark to make him very very tough. There are some helmets as well that can help provide a better armor save and conditional bonuses like 2+ ward against fire to prevent him from being sniped by Lore of Metal. When he's that tough, a great weapon is a safe way to boost his offensive output. Halberd can be good too if you don't want to strike last. 4S6 is plenty most of the time.

For the disc rider, I used to LOVE giving my BSB the Golden Eye and Book of Secrets. Gets you another spellcaster, another power die, and he can be effective even outside of combat. Give him a shield and he's plenty tough and can add a few wounds in a close matchup between infantry blocks.

You can easily free up some points for these kinds of upgrades by dropping unit champions ... they won't help you very much and you have plenty of attacks from those units already. The Characters will be issuing challenges no matter what so champs don't help you there.

Overall it's a neat list, you're pumping out comparable models to many Orc armies that I see. 4 really big blocks of troops and a decent amount of support for them as well. I'd consider taking some Trolls or Dragon Ogres instead of the second unit of Knights personally. I like the variety and for the same points you can get a good can-opener unit that can take on heavily armored troops/monsters.

I should say that 5 Trolls or 3 Dragon Ogres w/ great weapons are both cheaper than 5 Knights with banner and MoN. Not a bad thing.