PDA

View Full Version : Warpstone Token - still useless?

Ultimate Life Form
26-06-2010, 23:30
Well when the Skaven book came out it was instantly noticed that the Warpstone Token had gone up in cost, making it a pretty bad purchase compared to the staple Power Stone (paying 33% more for getting 100% more Power Dice and without the risky stuff? Yes please) and even the 'multiple uses' myth has been debunked with the FAQ.

However my hope was that there would be something in the new rules that somehow justifies this obvious disparity. However I can't see anything right now; The Power Stone remains seemingly unchanged.

So is there something in the rules that I'm missing that would make the Warpstone Token a better buy or even an option compared to the Power Stone, or does the situation remain unchanged?

Tyrannus
26-06-2010, 23:35
Well you can get multiple, doesnt count as an arcane item slot, and you can use one to cast a spell without throwing other power dice from your pool at it. Plus greyseers come with d3 for free

Ultimate Life Form
27-06-2010, 01:13
Is the Power Stone now unique?

Aljoman
27-06-2010, 01:19
That is the impression that i get.

(Cue Mighty Mighty Bosstones)

Ultimate Life Form
27-06-2010, 01:21
Well if that is true the Warpstone Token would indeed look much better all of a sudden.

It's always good when you have something up your sleeve to counteract the randomness of PD generation. :D

Jericho
27-06-2010, 03:48
Everything in the new common magic items list is unique. Kind of a contradiction in terms I suppose, "unique common magic item" but whatever ;)

kyuzo
27-06-2010, 04:01
Despite all of GWs mistakes... common is actually used correctly(it has more than one meaning).

Ultimate Life Form
27-06-2010, 04:10
So we have to redefine the meaning from 'everyone's got a few of those lying around' to 'they have them all in common'?