PDA

View Full Version : 3k Slann AND Carnosaur for 8th Edition

Amornar
27-06-2010, 04:01
Hi Guys, this is the list I came up with trying to fit a Carnosaur and a Slann into one 3k list. What do you guys think?

2997 Lizardmen

Oldblood-410
Golden Seal Sword
Armour of Fortune
Stone of Good Luck
Carnosaur

Slann-340
Plaque of Tepok
Focused Rumination
Soul of Stone
Lore of Life

Priest- 440
Level 2
Cupped Hands of the Old Ones
Curse Icon
Engine of the Gods

Scar-Veteran- 165
BSB
Sword of the Hornet
Enchanted Shield
Light Armour
Potion of Strength

12 Skink Skirmishers- 84
Blowpipes

12 Skink Skirmishers- 84
Blowpipes

12 Skink Skirmishers- 96
Javelins and Shields

12 Skink- 60
Javelins and Shields

24 Saurus Warriors- 282
Musician, Standard Bearer

24 Saurus Warriors- 306
Spears

15 Temple Guard- 285
Full Command
Banner of the Eternal Flame

4 Kroxigors- 220

3 Salamanders Packs- 225

thesheriff
27-06-2010, 07:25
I would drop the salamanders for razordons, and the kroxigors for some more temple gaurd and a few extra saurus. 11 extra for 176 points (so when the slaan gets there, its 6x5)
Drop the spears on the saurus and (32pts) and add it to the left overs from the kroxigor (60+32=98). then, drop a razordon pack (75). All of this will buy you an extra 12 saurus, and give you 41 extra points for stuff like banners and a magic item for the champion in the temple guard unit
the reason you do this is so you get as many attacks in a wider unit, but still get the parry bonus (if you have spears you must use them, losing out :(). And you alos get the horde rule. And it looks cooler!

Sparowl
27-06-2010, 07:28
I would drop the salamanders for razordons

What? Why?

Salamanders are ridiculously good, substantially better then Razordons right now.

A S3 Flame template (with no partials anymore, everything touched is hit) with -3 to armour saves, that forces an immediate panic test, from a M6 skirmisher that can march and shoot (at least until the FAQ says we can't)? Or an artillery dice worth of shots?

Give me the Flame template everytime.

thesheriff
27-06-2010, 07:34
@sparowl - sorry, in 7th ed mode.

mattcrask9
27-06-2010, 15:54
saurus need to me 10 wide and minium of 30. now you will have lots of attacks even though you are going second all the time that still lots of attacks

Amornar
30-06-2010, 19:34
I personally don't think that I NEED to have units 10 wide. I can just as easily put two units onto a fight rather than playing horde rules with an army that clearly isn't a horde. Just too many points in core units. Regardless this is my current set up:

3000 Lizardmen

Oldblood-425
Golden Seal Sword
Armour of Destiny
Stone of Good Luck
Carnosaur

Slann-325
Focused Rumination
Focus of Mastery
Lore of Life

Scar-Veteran- 155
BSB
Sword of the Hornet
Enchanted Shield
Light Armour
Dragoncurse Stone
Potion of Recklessness

12 Skink Skirmishers- 84
Blowpipes

12 Skink Skirmishers- 84
Blowpipes

12 Skink Skirmishers- 96
Javelins and Shields

12 Skinks - 60
Javelins and Shields

24 Saurus Warriors- 282

24 Saurus Warriors- 306
Spears

19 Temple Guard- 379
Full Command
Bone Standard
Obsidian Pendant

4 Kroxigors- 220

3 Terradons- 90

Ancient Stegadon- 275

3 Salamanders Packs- 225

thesheriff
30-06-2010, 20:35
would consider either lore of metal or fire instead of life on the slaan. They seem to be the best 2 lores now, lots of shots and low strength damage, or armour killing goodness

Lotl Botl
01-07-2010, 01:25
for starters definitely take the lore of life, and definitely don't run 10 wide.
On to you actual list i like it a few comments though
Slann: i think you should take the cupper hands because suppose you don't get throne of vines off and you still have loads of dice you are going to need a backup up plan
Skinks: either bump up to 13 so they can take up to 4 casualties before having to test for panic, otherwise drop the units down to 10, unless your using the extra numbers to widen your screen
saurus: spears are not nearly as much of a steal as they were before so they are not really a must anymore. In fact the points saved plus ward save might be better even if it were only to save a saurus or two, once a game
Kroxigors are beastly as hell if you can take two ranks do, they become monsters