PDA

View Full Version : Are Corpse Carts going to get Thunderous Stomp?

Balerion
27-06-2010, 08:19
Considering that, "In game terms, the Corpse Cart moves and fights as a monster." (A:VC, pg.43)

Of course, it should go without saying that the errata could explicitly rule on this. But, if that doesn't happen, then what?

Kalandros
27-06-2010, 08:31
Yes. Its listed as a monster, it gets D6 S2 attacks that strike last.

Ultimate Life Form
27-06-2010, 09:40
Hmmm... not bad, it might even kill something every now and then with so many random attacks.

HellRaid
27-06-2010, 12:44
Corpse Cart uses THUNDERSTOMP!

It's not very effective...

Critical hit!

Empire Wizard has fainted!

Balerion
27-06-2010, 14:33

Critical hit!

Hey, it may not rock the world, but you can still look at it as a 50% increase in the Corpse Cart's offensive output. Considering that the thing has I1 to begin with, and will almost always be going last, this is basically a boost from 2D6 attacks per turn to 3D6.

Unless it only works on the charge?

LevDaddy
27-06-2010, 15:33
Although it would be a pretty sweet little bonus, I have to assume that this will get errata'd out, but here's hoping.

mattcrask9
27-06-2010, 15:38
they shudnt get it cause now you can have so 750 points of heros it will just be nerco's and nothing else

Balerion
27-06-2010, 16:27
they shudnt get it cause now you can have so 750 points of heros it will just be nerco's and nothing else
That army would suck, though.

HellRaid
27-06-2010, 17:08
Hey, it may not rock the world, but you can still look at it as a 50% increase in the Corpse Cart's offensive output. Considering that the thing has I1 to begin with, and will almost always be going last, this is basically a boost from 2D6 attacks per turn to 3D6.

Unless it only works on the charge?

No no, Thunderstomp works every round. It's dealt exactly like Impact Hits too - meaning they auto-hit and are distributed like shooting. They have the Always Strikes Last rule though (which won't make much difference in comparison to the Cart's I1)

I love the rule, personally. I think the idea of zombies thunderstomping is hilarious :)

It's also nice to see the Corpse Cart defined properly too, instead of it being the semi-confusing monster/chariot hybrid it used to be (I always considered it to function as a monster, but there's an item or spell in the Beasts book which works exclusively on Chariots, War Machines and Corpse Carts, I believe :wtf:)

Oberon
27-06-2010, 17:13
How about warshrines? S4 thunderstomp would be nice...
@Lord Dan: no stomp and thunderstomp are bonus attacks with ASL, you get all your other attacks as well.

Lord Dan
27-06-2010, 17:13
I assumed thunderous stomp was used instead of the model making it's normal attacks, much like the troll vomit option. Is this not the case?

Ultimate Life Form
27-06-2010, 17:15
No, thunderstomp is in addition to the normal attacks afaik.

Tomalock
27-06-2010, 17:23
I seriously doubt they will errata it out because they list it as a monster in the new rule book. Every unit that is listed in the army summaries in the back has a designation (its a two letter code that you go to the legend at the front of the section to decipher) and they gave the corpse cart the monster code. If anything they will errata it in.

LevDaddy
27-06-2010, 18:02
We'll see. If it was their intention to give it a stomp then there is no need to errata anything and a Monster with Thunderstomp it is. Yay VC!

If that's what happens then I think it's pretty hilarious and awesome to have magical stomping cart of the dead, my money is still on it being errata'd out, time will tell.

Balerion
27-06-2010, 18:13
It's no crazier than stomping eagles. ;)

Skywave
27-06-2010, 19:10

Critical hit!

Good one :D

We'll see. If it was their intention to give it a stomp then there is no need to errata anything and a Monster with Thunderstomp it is. Yay VC!

If that's what happens then I think it's pretty hilarious and awesome to have magical stomping cart of the dead, my money is still on it being errata'd out, time will tell.

When I read "Corpse Cart + thunderstomp" it make me think about cars with hydraulic suspension, go pimped out Corpse Cart :D

ColShaw
28-06-2010, 15:07
I picture it not as a stomp, but as the cart's dismembered zombie parts grabbing mindlessly at the enemy, pulling them into the cart to join its inhabitants.

Kind of ghastly, when you think about it.

Lord Dan
28-06-2010, 21:50
I picture it as the whole front of the cart, dangling zombies and all, making a massive cartoonish chomping motion into whatever is standing in front of it similar to the mouth to the cave of wonders in Aladdin eating that one thief at the beginning of the movie.

Shamutanti
28-06-2010, 22:33
It's no crazier than stomping eagles. ;)

Rename it swoop for fliers? :p