PDA

View Full Version : 3000 pt Khorne Horde

zuriel45
28-06-2010, 03:53
First off i'd like to give credit to this post for inspiring me and providing the base of this list: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261961&highlight=khorne

The army is completely khorne based and i don't plan to change that, mainly that means that i won't have other gods intruding (no marks to other gods, and absolutely no magic). The main movement will have the massive marauders moving up the line (either in horde or reforming later to become horde) with the chaos warriors waiting to flank anything the marauders trap. Hellcannons will hoepfully thin out the enemy and protect the flank (they'll be deployed ahead of the army and move up a bit before beginning to fire). Pretty simple army to play, just pretty much overwhelm with superior numbers and hope for the best.

Lords-343-11.7%
Chaos Lord-343
-MoK,
-Blood Curdling Roar
-Large Obsidean Amulet
-Silver Steel Armor
-Additional Hand Weapon
Lord has 7S5 attacks and a 3+ armor save with MR(3) and 4+ save against spell.

Heroes-535-17.8%
Exalted Hero-190
-BSB
-MoK
-Armor of Misleb
-Shield
BSB, sits with center maraduer, 3+/4++ saves (ward is against non-magic only)

Exalted Hero-180
-MoK
-Obsidean Amulet
-Tearing Blade
-Dragonhelm
-Shield
2+ armor save, with MR(2) goes with one of the marauder units.

Exalted Hero-165
-MoK
-Collar of Khorne
-Screeching Blade
-Shield
MR(2) with a 3+ armor save, goes with the final marauder unit.

Core-1698-56.6%
Maraudersx50-300
-FC
-MoK
-GW
Maraudersx50-295
-FC
-MoK
-GW
Maraudersx50-295
-FC
-MoK
-GW
These are the main battle line, might start off in a 7x7 or thinner formation to work the way up the battlefield and avoid terrian, but eventually redeploy to 10x5.

Chaos Warriorsx21-427
-FC
-MoK
-Haliberds
-Shields
-Banner of Eternal Flame
Deployed 7x3 on one of the flanks of the battle line.

Chaos Warriorsx18-381
-FC
-MoK
-Haliberds
-Shields
-Standard of Dicipline
Opposite flank, Ld 9 tests (can't use general, but i'm okay with that as gen is Ld 9 too) Deployed 6x3.

Rare-410-13.6%
Hellcannon-205
Hellcannon-205
Will anchor the flank, being unbreakable and essentially a demon they will hold anything back, with their stonethrower abilities they'll blast apart enemy hordes (i hope).

So thats basically it, C&C please :)

Edited to reflect the illegalness eta pointed out.

Eta
28-06-2010, 11:54
Lords-353-11.7%
Chaos Lord-353
-MoK,
-Crown of Command
-Fury of the Blood God
-Silver Steel Armor
-Sword of Might
-Additional Hand Weapon
Lord has 7S6 attacks and a 2+ armor save with MR(2) and 4+ save against spells (so an overall 2+ save for himself against magic). The crown gives stubborn and he's with the center marauder unit.

Heroes-535-17.8%
Exalted Hero-190
-BSB
-MoK
-Armor of Misleb
-Enchanted Shield
BSB, sits with center maraduer, 2+/4++ saves (ward is against non-magic only)

The lord is illegal, you may not combine Fury of the Blood God with any magic items. Furthermore, the additional handweapon will not give him an additional attack with his magic sword, drop it.

The BSB is illegal, too. He has two magic armours.

Greetings
Eta

theSkullduggery1
29-06-2010, 15:10
I just want to make sure you know that you can't use hw+shield in close combat if you have a halberd, the only use for your shield is to defend against shooting (which will probably be directed towards the Marauder hordes).

So if when altering your list (which you have to do since it is illegal as Eta pointed out) you need 39 more points I'd get them by dropping the shields on the Warriors (or halberds if you decide you want the armour/parry save).

mo-man
29-06-2010, 15:46
the chaos warriors cannot get the parry save as they are frenzied unfortunently so to get that save you gotta drop the mark which i doubt you want to.

jdunn
29-06-2010, 16:09
khorne hordes havent been working out for me, as i've been trying them for a few months now. best idea is to combine a few khorne units with tzeentch warriors (gets that 5+ward for parry, i think) and at least 1 sorcerer. the fact is that magic can sometimes turn into the be all and end all of games, and as a fervent khorne worshipper, i have to call it flawed.

zuriel45
29-06-2010, 17:57
Thanks for pointing out the flaws/illegal aspects guys, i'll revise it and repost when i get home. jdunn, i saw this weakeness when i was building the army too, my idea to get around it is to get at least MR(2) on each of the hordes of marauders by placing a character with MR into each of them. Of course i still get screwed by any hexs directed my way. We'll see how i turns out in the end though.