PDA

View Full Version : 8th Ed DoC Nurgle Heavy - No Lord

titos334
28-06-2010, 07:52
Never really played in 7th ed and starting to get back into the game for 8th ed. I dont have a lord model and dont really care to add one. Oh well if it makes the army harder to compete, I wont be playing in many tournaments. Plus I liked to be different and dont really care for the 500pt lords that are pretty much mandatory for DoC.

Using the units of 14 Plaguebearers for fluff, father nurgle has always treated them with favor. I have the beasts of nurgles left over from running Storm of Chaos so thats my Rare choice and I find them one of the most underrated and least fielded DoC Rare choice. The Flesh hounds were painful for me to field since I hate khorne in so many ways, but made them look like Nurgle had taken them over. Im really wanting to add nurglings into this somehow.

Hero:

Herald of Nurgle: Noxious Vapors, BSB Great Standard of Sundering - 215

Herald of Nurgle: Noxious Vapors, Lvl 1 - 190

Herald of Nurgle: Noxious Vapors - 140

Core:

14 Plaguebearers: Full Command, Standard of Seeping Decay - 213

14 Plaugebearers - 168

Special:

5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne - 175

5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne - 175

Rare:

2 Beasts of Nurgle - 200

1 Beast of Nurgle - 100

Total Points: 2,002

So i need to cut 2pts down unless approved by opponent but dont know where to do that.

What do you all think of the list?

RonCrazy
28-06-2010, 09:24
drop the hounds and make 2 x 35 strong plaguebearers, allso a favoured number of our beloved father, though im not even sure if plaguebearers can perform unless they get erattaed with the only one save.

titos334
28-06-2010, 17:00
I wouldnt mind trying combining the units and making a unit of 28 and the one unit of 14 . But only having 2 units and the beasts really makes me unable to do a whole lot, id just have the plauge monstrosity holding down the middle of my lines, with a unit of Beasts on either side protecting my flanks.

I really like the hounds cause I am limited in the number of plaugebearers i have which is right around 50.

thesheriff
29-06-2010, 10:38
You need the hounds, they give the force some bite (pun). As the new standard points will probably be 3k, you might want to make a bigger list. I know you said you don't want a lord, but with thenew stonethrower rules, kugath should be broken!
You might want to combine your plague bearer units into unitsof 30 aswell, so they last longer