PDA

View Full Version : Doodles and Concept. Slaaneshi Beastman

tzeentchgiant
25-02-2006, 19:56
Just thought I'd share what I drew... I don't really remember doing it, but I think it happened when I was waiting for a video download or something today :p. All the pictures are blow-ups from one A4 sheet, they were rather small, but I think they turned out ok.

It's on Slaaneshi beastmen, partly inspired by Finnblood's work - which really is rather cool.

Anyways, any thoughts?

TG

Finnblood
25-02-2006, 20:10
I really like that blade-thing attatched to that gor. I might even have to steal it...

Two of those on my doombull... yes, that's what I'm gonna do...

Thanks, Tzeentchgiant!

tzeentchgiant
25-02-2006, 20:12
No problem, you're the one who got the juices flowing :p.

TG

yerpo
26-02-2006, 08:20
Did you intentionally design the blade so that it resembles the old Daemonettes' claws? Subtle & nice! The armor is OK, but I'd model at least one or two from the regiment to show their right breasts.

tzeentchgiant
26-02-2006, 12:35
The intension was to extend the reach of the arm, with the lovely curve that has a strange resemblance to the Nike tick :p. I've had the idea of that sort of weaponry rolling around in my head for a little while now, it just seemed to fit with the Slaaneshi aspect of these, mirroring the claw wasn't my intension but I guess it worked out :).

The armour really is just a concept, if I were to take this design further I'd probably just have the one shoulder pad, although I'm still toying with the idea of them being male or female - chest wise.

Cheers for the positive comments :).

I might do some more sketching today.... maybe.

TG

plasmadaemon
16-07-2006, 19:44
TG, you're 17 aren't you?

Damn. If you were my age I'd praise you :p

As already said, the weapon is nice and nasty, and do some more sketching! :p

tzeentchgiant
16-07-2006, 21:12
:eek: Threadmancy :eek:.

They were just little doodles, I can do better if I have time.

Now I think I may have to make time to prove that's true :p.

How'd you find this thread anyway? You weren't watching my profile when I looked at it earlier were you? *is paranoid*

TG

P.S, yes I am 17, and maybe I will do some more sketches.

plasmadaemon
17-07-2006, 17:05
Lol, yes, I was stalking you ;)

It's just that I get the need to raise my postcount up when I see you posting :p

Mind if I see some more of your drawing/sketches?

tzeentchgiant
17-07-2006, 17:56
I'm afraid you can't :p.

I don't have any of my art stuff from school home with me over summer, nor do I have a vast selection of arty doodles (post age 13), and all the stuff I did before then was needless to say a bit cack :p.

I promise if I do more you'll be the first to know.

TG

P.S If you could forward me one of those PMs you sent me when my inbox was full I'd be rather grateful :).

plasmadaemon
17-07-2006, 18:15
Hehe, okely-dokely, cheers :)

TG

P.S If you could forward me one of those PMs you sent me when my inbox was full I'd be rather grateful :).

I just said that I might start my own Gargant project, inspired by you- and that it'd me awesome if I could post the progress in your thread, so that there are quite frequent updates ;)

tzeentchgiant
17-07-2006, 18:35
I just said that I might start my own Gargant project, inspired by you- and that it'd me awesome if I could post the progress in your thread, so that there are quite frequent updates ;)
Go for it :).

Enough from this thread, let it drift back into obscurity :p.

TG