PDA

View Full Version : Steampunk Houses

CustomKingdoms
29-06-2010, 05:48
I am finally adding steampunk houses to Custom Kingdoms, and so I decided to post progress pictures here. All of the pieces in the pictures modular and made to go along with the rest of my buildings. I will be making molds and casting them so I can make all kinds of steampunk goodness.
So here they are.

the-skylord
29-06-2010, 09:17
This sounds like a very interesting project, the floor piece with all the cogs looks great.

CustomKingdoms
30-06-2010, 04:26
I started assembling the first little house. I still need to build the top roof piece and get the wrought iron fencing put around that. Also I am going to be adding a chimeny coming out of the hole on the back. Hopefully I will have all of that done this week.
If you would like to see my other work you can go to my website at customkingdoms.com

N810
30-06-2010, 04:57
Looks to be an awesome project :D

freebooter
30-06-2010, 09:20
Oooh... This looks shiny.
Going to be keeping an eye on this for sure.

static grass
30-06-2010, 09:59
Looks really nice, looks like a place where an engineer might live.

CustomKingdoms
04-07-2010, 08:19
I've got the Wrought iron on, and I am working on the chimeny. House 1 is almost done. Once I have this one finished, and perhaps make a couple of more pieces, I will be able to crank out several more pretty quickly.

CustomKingdoms
06-07-2010, 06:41
So I have the first little cottage painted. I still need to finish the chimeny. If anybody has any critiques I would be happy to hear them, since I do plan on selling these feedback is greatly appreciated.

the-skylord
06-07-2010, 09:52
The house looks great. Really like the weathering you have done on the walls, the only thing that I think you could add would be some moer weathering on the roof. The tiles seem a little to clean compared to the walls.

Whats your plan about selling them? I may be interested.

N810
06-07-2010, 12:13
yea good point, there should be some rusty streaks
coming down the from under that iron on the roof.

CustomKingdoms
06-07-2010, 17:32
You guys are completely right. I thought about it while I was painting the house and then totally forgot to do it.
Thanks!

As far as selling them goes, I will be selling these particular Steampunk cottages somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 for painted, and $25-30 unpainted. You can see my other houses at http://customkingdoms.com/ Though the website will be completely overhauled and updated in about two weeks, and the majority of what is on there will be modified or changed completely. I have lots of new stuff to put on it, and I am phasing out my current castles and towers for new and improved ones.

FreakForge
06-07-2010, 18:12
Good initiate on this houses CustomKingdoms. There´s a big empty hole in the steampunk terrain area.

May I make a suggestion?
If you´re looking for a strong steampunk look on those buildings, you have to add more pipes.

The clockwork on the back, the cog shaped windows and door frame just add a little touch of steampunk´s taste .
Looking at your website I found that you have enough talent to give to this new line of houses a unique look.

Also the house have to be more Victorian in architectural terms (just a little).

So GO FOR IT! Make a lot of plumbering work :D .

Just my two cents as steampunk freak.

Lovely paintjob by the way.

Best regards

insan0
13-07-2010, 06:34
Looks like the chimney needs some sort of support or moved in closer to the building, maybe a little bit of both.