PDA

View Full Version : If Forgeworld did.....

Reflex
29-06-2010, 11:34
I was looking at a DKoK painting log and started to think to myself what i want or would like forgeworld to make.

If forgeworld did light infantry guard (Tanith, Tallarn or catachan equivient style armies) i would buy them.

If Forgeworld made stormtrooper models, i would buy them.

If forgeworld made another necron superheavy, flyer or unit, I would buy it.

Im just curous to see what people would want from forgeworld?

marv335
29-06-2010, 11:41
Ork Buggies.
If the Elysian ones are any indication of what they can churn out, I'd love to see some Ork Buggies.

DeviantApostle
29-06-2010, 11:42
Slaanesh and Tzeench Daemon Princes and Heralds.

Slaanesh and Tzeench Cult Terminator conversion kits.

Slaanesh and Tzeench themed vehicles and CSM infantry models.

Daemon Primarchs, converted to 40K from Epic.

Anything large and Dark Eldar.

I would buy them all.

Jedi152
29-06-2010, 11:49
If Forgeworld made resin turds for 100 each people would buy them. ;)

Godzooky
29-06-2010, 12:01

Hey! That's no way to be talking about Scabeiathrax!

I'd like lots and lots of zany Admech stuff, large titan-sized C'tan, Angron, a leviathan model, Demiurg.

I'd love to see GW say to FW that they could create their own brand new race and codex. Never gonna happen, I know, but that would be schweet as. :)

DeviantApostle
29-06-2010, 12:05

Tyranid Turds you can place behind your army as they eat the enemy.

carldooley
29-06-2010, 12:22
it is kind of funny actually, when starting my IG I was pricing new models and DKoK guard shipped from overseas come to parity with Vostroyans. They are actually more expensive, but the difference is pennies!

chromedog
29-06-2010, 12:46

"IF"? What do you mean "if"?

They already do this now.
I've bought a fair bit of resin over the years from various manufacturers and FWs are by far the worst of the lot.
Their customer service can also stand to improve.

Grimtuff
29-06-2010, 12:54

Only so they could polish them! :p

Tonberry
29-06-2010, 12:56
Their customer service can also stand to improve.

I would have said that's the one thing FW are good at. Ring them up about a missing part and they usually just send out a new one no questions asked.

Reflex
29-06-2010, 12:59
Only so they could polish them! :p

well actually, the customer has to polish them, cut off the excessive flash and mould lines.... kelly rippa.

i also 2nd the notion of a titan sized c'tan...

Radium
29-06-2010, 13:07
Blood Angel dreadnought, Storm Raven, more eldar stuff. Don't really care what sort of eldar stuff, I'd consider buying most of it.

Corax
29-06-2010, 13:14
There are so many amazing niches in the 40k game that GW can't be bothered with, that Forgeworld could be exploiting. To this day, it remains a source of puzzlement to me as to why FW has not produced Gaunts Ghosts and the Blood Pact. Just about every 40k player I know would buy one or both of those armies. Same goes with Adeptus Mechanicus; many people I know would kill for a range of skitarii models and Techpriests.

There is so much untapped potential in the setting just waiting for someone to sculpt some models for them, but GW seems to be only interested in pumping out more Space Marines for easy money, rather than taking a bit of a risk and doing something more adventurous and ambitious. Its a real pity that GW is so lacking in vision and courage.

Reflex
29-06-2010, 13:17
Blood Pack and ghosts would be amazing. going even a little bit by the popularity of those books alot of people would be interested. i mean really!

Born Again
29-06-2010, 13:53
Conversion sets for Noise Marines and Thousand Sons (moreso the NM) of the quality and coolness they did the Berzerkers and Plague Marines would make me happy.

Ork Squig Riders!

A generic Chaos Dreadnought, without Legion iconography.

Demiurg!

DuskRaider
29-06-2010, 14:02
A Horus Heresy supplement and complete range, including Primarchs. It will never happen, but it's nice to wish.

Corax
29-06-2010, 14:08
A Horus Heresy supplement and complete range, including Primarchs.

:eek: That would sell its socks off!

Proves my point about GWs lack of vision too, unfortunately...

AndrewGPaul
29-06-2010, 14:15
I would have said that's the one thing FW are good at. Ring them up about a missing part and they usually just send out a new one no questions asked.

You know how they could improve their customer service? Putting all the right bits in the bag in the first place. :) That and answering emails.

Lars Porsenna
29-06-2010, 14:30
I have to say I have yet to get either a bad casting, or an incomplete order from Forgeworld. last items I ordered were the World Eaters dread and some weapon arms. Disclaimer: my "main" hobby is armor model building, so am very familiar with resin.

Damon.

Tonberry
29-06-2010, 14:39
You know how they could improve their customer service? Putting all the right bits in the bag in the first place. :)

Now that really is asking too much :P

And yeah, for a website-based company, they really aren't too hot on the email front.

Creeping Dementia
29-06-2010, 15:59
I'd love some SM characters on Bikes and White Scars conversion bitz.

Also, some Sisters models would be great, even if they were just special characters or a Seraphim veteran or something. Theres a ton of potential they could work with.

The Inevitable One
29-06-2010, 17:53
If Forge World produced Death Guard Deathshroud models that would be amazing. I have always wanted a squad of mini Typhus'. However, I would like them to lower their prices to an acceptable level.

Justicar Valius
29-06-2010, 18:02
Stormraven with GK doors for those who are bad at converting...

Wolf Lord Balrog
29-06-2010, 18:14
I'll second the vote for the Storm Raven, if they introduce rules that let other chapters use it. :)

Edit: And a Tau walker of some sort. Not a Titan, but something slightly bigger than a battlesuit or dreadnought.

JoeRugby
29-06-2010, 18:20
If forgeworld did light infantry guard (Tanith, Tallarn or catachan equivient style armies) i would buy them.

even though im a complete cheapskate id by Good Tanith and Blood pact minis as soon as they come out :)

theres no way they wouldnt sell well ditto for the Horus Heresy stuff too.

From Shadows
29-06-2010, 18:44
Simple.....ADEPTUS MECHANICUS.

Captin Korea!
29-06-2010, 19:14
Emperor's children stuff. Can never have too much.

Green-is-best
29-06-2010, 19:19
I'd buy a Lucius Reaver! And a Lucius Warlord. And a Lucius Emperor.

Really, I'd just buy the planet Lucius if they sold a resin model of it

MystheDevourer
29-06-2010, 19:40
A Horus Heresy supplement and complete range, including Primarchs. It will never happen, but it's nice to wish.

The Primarchs Ships for Battlefleet Gothic >.> I want Fulgrim's ship!

Plagueridden
29-06-2010, 19:58
hmm, I'd like to see all IG released by FW.
ah and bringing back the old character models from fantasy; stone troll, skavens, squighopper, the works.

woodfin
29-06-2010, 20:03
Tau fire warriors right now they are so bland.

Dronevil
29-06-2010, 21:57
Eldar Phoenix Lords.
Super detailed Space Marine banners (not everyone can free-hand!)

Thornz
29-06-2010, 23:03
More Kasrkin Poses please!!!

Socaddict
29-06-2010, 23:16
Regarding the Gaunt's Ghosts, you are all aware GW made models for them, right?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300112&prodId=prod1140078

pringles978
29-06-2010, 23:32
hmmm, not been mentioned yet, so im going for... SQUATS!!!

yeah, thats right, i went there....

Green-is-best
29-06-2010, 23:37
hmmm, not been mentioned yet, so im going for... SQUATS!!!

yeah, thats right, i went there....

Jervis Johnson is going to come to your house and you're going to wake up in a sack in Gouthwaite Reservoir.

bigcheese76
29-06-2010, 23:42
I would love to see Adeptus Mechanicus.

It would be nice to see Squats again to actually, oh hang on, they all got eatan. Silly me.

A few different posed Grey Knights would be nice to, but perhaps they will all be 'eatan' too soon.

Bunnahabhain
29-06-2010, 23:44
Roodpreeding!!!
six month wait
Proofreading!!! ( oops)

That aside.

Weapons and accessory kits. Any and all races.

I honestly can't think of an easier thing, or one that is likely to sell more. Just making right hand power fists, left hand pistols, etc, etc ( whichever way round, it escapes me at the moment....), available would make a killing.

DuskRaider
30-06-2010, 02:03
Another one I think would be good is AdMech vs DarkMech in a series.

Reflex
30-06-2010, 02:38
Regarding the Gaunt's Ghosts, you are all aware GW made models for them, right?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300112&prodId=prod1140078

omg a whole 6 models! omg! relly wow! l33t!

gw also have tallarn but fw did some of that. gw also do cadians, but fw did those to....

shaso_iceborn
30-06-2010, 02:42

I absolutely hate marines and I would purchase this.

gwarsh41
30-06-2010, 04:32

I... dont know what I would do if that came out... I think that my head would explode.

Born Again
30-06-2010, 08:41
Really, I'd just buy the planet Lucius if they sold a resin model of it

A while ago someone was working out how big a small BFG ship (say a Cobra) would be in 40k scale. I think they worked out about the size of a school bus. How big would a planet be? and what would it do to our bank accounts? :eek:

AndrewGPaul
30-06-2010, 08:50
at 1/60 scale, a planet would be about 200km in diameter. As Obi-Wan said, "that's no moon ..."

Godzooky
30-06-2010, 08:52
A while ago someone was working out how big a small BFG ship (say a Cobra) would be in 40k scale. I think they worked out about the size of a school bus. How big would a planet be? and what would it do to our bank accounts? :eek:

I think you might mean this thread:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260315&highlight=warlord+titan

People came up with some interesting stuff.

Born Again
30-06-2010, 15:26
Yes, Godzooky, that's the one. AndrewGPaul, thankyou, that gave me a genuine laugh.