PDA

View Full Version : knights and warriors of chaos equipment for 8th

rabblerouser
29-06-2010, 15:46
I am an occasional 40k player that wants to start a warriors of chaos army. I'm going to build a box of knights and warriors but I am really not sure what to equip them with. It seems like halberds and shields are a favourite for the warriors, while regular ensorcelled weapons are the best option for warriors.

Can someone tell me if this is correct? I would like to start building today and don't want to wait for 8th to come out.

Oberon
29-06-2010, 15:48
Yes, swords for knights and halberds&shields for warriors. Lances from the knights set make nice halberds btw.

Odin
29-06-2010, 16:18
Agree, though warriors the Mark of Tzeentch combined with hand weapon and shield are likely to be pretty good.

rabblerouser
29-06-2010, 21:33
That gives them a better save right? Although i will be playing against orks and goblins with a healthy portion of night goblins, so i am wondering if i should go with two hand weapons and mark of khorne.

Rosstifer
29-06-2010, 21:41
That'd definatly carve through Goblins, though in all honesty even an unmarked unit of Chaos warriors with no upgrades will carve through Goblins.
Plus with shields and MOT they have a 3+ AS and a 5+ Ward save in close combat, and in fantasy you can take both saves.
With 8th ed coming up everyone is raving about Marauders with GWs and MOK in a horde I think, so consider that after you've done your Warriors.

rabblerouser
08-07-2010, 22:30
So the warriors have halberds now.. Mark of slaanesh or tzeentch?

Lungboy
08-07-2010, 22:48
Be aware that the warrior box doesn't come with any halberds, and the knights box won't have enough lances to convert all of you warriors.

Zangor
08-07-2010, 22:59
For warriors with halberds i most often choose the mark of khorne. When they have shields and HW i give them tzeentch for the 5+ ward.

And as Lungboy said there arent nearly enough halberds (lances) in the knight box. I believe there are 5.

rabblerouser
08-07-2010, 23:08
yeah they have a blister of halberds available from direct order
the ones from the knights box don't seem to fit all that well

rabblerouser
09-07-2010, 00:26
For warriors with halberds i most often choose the mark of khorne. When they have shields and HW i give them tzeentch for the 5+ ward.

And as Lungboy said there arent nearly enough halberds (lances) in the knight box. I believe there are 5.

HW is what? Hand weapons?

Oberon
09-07-2010, 06:02
Hand weapon yes, and lances from the knight box fit quite well. You only need to clip some of the pole off first, so they fit to the model and not stick under the base too. I had two boxes of knights, enough halberds for a unit of warriors (command models didn't get them).

Brady
09-07-2010, 10:05
Although in my army list my knights have ensorcelled weapons i have modelled them with lances becuase they look so much cooler! Obviously this is a problem if you plan to go to tournaments.

rabblerouser
09-07-2010, 13:28
THey don't get the 5+ ward from halberds and mark of tzeentch? I thought the ward save came from the blasted standard.

Sorry for the n00b questions guys. I have never played fantasy in my life

CmdrLaw
09-07-2010, 14:06
To represnet that hand waepon and sheild is a very defensive weapon load out you get an additional 6+ unmodifiable save (Ward save) if you failed your armour save. but only from close combat.

This can be increased with the mark of Tzeentch, so if they have halberds they won't get the HW and sheild save. But they will get a 6+ ward save anyway from the Mark as if you don't have one to improve it gives you a 6+.

If you were to give them blasted standard the mark of Tzeentch would improve that as well but only from shooting attacks.

Khorne would make them frenzied (they will be harder to control) and give them extra attacks, Slaneesh makes them immune to certain LD tests they would have to make and Nurlge would make it harder to hit them with shooting and CC.

I run Halberds shields and MoN, mostly to keep them safe from ranged attacks. (they did have HW Shield in 7th but have converted now).

Hope this helps.