PDA

View Full Version : mean green 2200pts O&G list for 8th

broodjeork
29-06-2010, 16:20
hey people,

having read the rumours for 8th ed and being a long time O&G player i couldnt help but grin at the new potential that they show for 8th ed.

wanting to be prepared for the release i started making lists and came up with the folowing.

lords

black orc warboss
kickin boots, 4+ ward save talisman, -1 to hit light armour.

lvl 4 orc shaman
amulet of protectiniss

heroes

black orc big boss
heavy armour, bsb, bloodlust banner(common banner that gives unit reroll to hit, 55 pts)

lvl 2 night goblin shaman
staff of sneaky stealing.

troops

5 wolf riders
5 wolf riders

40 orcs with 2 choppa's mucisian banner
35 orcs with shields, mucisian banner
35 arrer boys, banner mucisian

special

4 bolt trowers
2 rock lobbers
2 orc boar charriots

rare
doom diver

roughly 2200 pts, starting out with a prety relaible general. still has the 2+ look out sir, in combat he's hit on 5+ unless the enemie has ws 8 or higher(then its 4+), thoughnes 5 and still has a 4+ ward save if all else fails (a 6 + normal save tough). plus he still has 5 attacks with a great weapon or 6 with 2 choppas.

then a lvl 4 orc. mainly because lots of models will participate in combat and those tasty reroll to hit and ASF spells will come in handy and he still has some nice other offensive spells.

the bsb with the reroll to hit banner will go into the unit of 40 orcs deployed as a horde, those 40 reroll to hit attacks are gonna rock. as for defence, ill deploy him on a corner and thanks to maximasation rules usualy only one row of models will be ably to strike at him. will have to watch out for chalanges though.

a lvl 2 with the sneaky staff of steaking for defence and a little magic offence to add to the lvl 4.

loads of orcs, 35 wil be a bunker for the general, 7 wide and 5 deep, bunch of attacks whilst being stubborn most of the time. the 35 arrer boys will also stay 7 wide and 5 deep, blasting out a impressive 26 shots a turn and also being a relaible block of infantry.

a few wolfs for war machine hunting.

and loads of war machines on my side as well. rock lobbers blowing weak units to bits unless a large presents itself. spearchukkas to hurt knight, large targets and large expensive units. and a doomdiver for the rest, love its acuratcy. a few charriots to support the blocks and there u have it.

so, what do u people think of it? comments much apriciated

D'Haran
29-06-2010, 17:16
Wolf riders can't break ranks, it takes 2 ranks of them to do that now, so i hope that's not what you planned to do with them.

Other than that it's a pretty decent list, make sure you use your chariots wisely as they seem to be your only hammer units, the rest are rather large anvils that will have to be winning with combat rez.

Personally you couldn't stop me from taking a unit of 6 trolls (2 ranks, they all get their full attacks in combat, plus their new stompy time attack), though a doom diver could be taken with them it's a good solo choice as it still ignores armour saves while most war machines of it's class have been nurfed.

Witchblade
29-06-2010, 17:47
I believe it's a common misconception that there is a common magic banner that gives re-rolls to hit. Instead, it gives re-rolls for your charge distance.

Overall it looks decent.

broodjeork
29-06-2010, 19:05
@ D'Haran, really the only task for the wolf riders is to hunt warmachines and mabey small units like 5 harpies or something. other than that, i dunno, mabey flee traps/roadblocks and march blocking(not that that will work in 8th ed).

@ witcgblade, you sure bout that, would be a pretty expensive banner for just that, especially since the charge wont be that important anymore. anyway if that is true ill probably drop it for spirit totem and change places with the warboss.

ive been thinking though, my gaming group has been talking about making armies of 2500 pts. what would u suggest for those extra 300 pts, unit of 6 trolls or mabey a unit of 18/21 blorcs 6/7 wide. there both gonna be pretty tough now in 8th ed.

thesheriff
29-06-2010, 20:18
strange points list, and never been fond or arrer boys, bit it looks sound other than that

thesheriff

Romulus68
29-06-2010, 20:22
ive been thinking though, my gaming group has been talking about making armies of 2500 pts. what would u suggest for those extra 300 pts, unit of 6 trolls or mabey a unit of 18/21 blorcs 6/7 wide. there both gonna be pretty tough now in 8th ed.

I personally run a unit of Savage Orc Big'uns Boar Boyz with banner that gives +1 attack on the charge. I usually run them 10 strong, but with new rule for fighting from the 2nd rank they just got nastier.

On the charge you will get like 25 Strength 5 (spears + Tusker charge from Boars) attacks if they are 5 wide. Though, with the trend leaning towards hordes and big blocks of Infantry I would be tempted to line them up 10 wide!! 40 Strength 5 attacks on the charge!!

theorox
29-06-2010, 21:01
I personally run a unit of Savage Orc Big'uns Boar Boyz with banner that gives +1 attack on the charge. I usually run them 10 strong, but with new rule for fighting from the 2nd rank they just got nastier.

On the charge you will get like 25 Strength 5 (spears + Tusker charge from Boars) attacks if they are 5 wide. Though, with the trend leaning towards hordes and big blocks of Infantry I would be tempted to line them up 10 wide!! 40 Strength 5 attacks on the charge!!

Umm, nope. 15 From the riders and 5 from the mounts, but still pretty good. *Edit: Oh...the banner of butchery! *Facepalm* :rolleyes:

Not as good as trolls point for point though, who deal 18 str5 attacks plus 3 stompattacks in a unit of 6 in two ranks, and have regeneration and loose ranks much harder! :D

They are cheaper, are'nt they? Yeah. A LOT.

The boarboyz have a place as well though. For example to put boarmounted characters in there! :D Also, they have better movement. But they do take animosity checks. They are immune to psychology, but trolls are fear-causing and immune to panic caused by smaller guys. Also, i hear that stupidity incorporates ItP in 8th? Is that right? Trolls have stupidity, but savages have to take a LD check to not charge. If in range of general and BSB there is no difference.

About the list in general, it looks decently effective but a bit boring to be honest. Three big blocks of orcs seems a bit dull without more support.

Two big anvilunits of 35 deployed 5 wide 7 deep would maybe be preferable, they are stubborn most of the time. Even Dwarfs can get 6 ranks quite easily.

WM's are nice. Going that shooty is a bit out of character in my opinion though, but who am i to say? :)

Maybe arrers+lobba+doomdiver would be enough? What will you be facing that you want to shoot, now that we will see a bit less monsters? Maybe then the chukkas OR another lobba, but i personally would'nt take them all...

Also, two smaller units of arrers might be better. Two units of 18 with musician, deployed six wide to shoot 15 shots per turn each and fight with 12 attacks that are str4 in the first round of combat. They would be able flankers.

Goblins? Several smaller units, like for example 20 or 25 NG's with musician and maybe short bows should come in handy. A unit of 30 with FC and nets? Nets rule! Fanatics to taste. :)

Boarboyz, as reserves rather than a shock unit maybe? for 258p you get 10 with FC. They may or may not be better than savages, yes less attacks, but no frenzy, and nice new models! :evilgrin:

Giant? They are always funny right? Might not be able to squeeze him in.

Blackorcs, if you have the points. Smallish flankingunits of maybe 11-15?

That's all for now i think.

Hope it helped a little!

Theo