PDA

View Full Version : Wight King as 1000pt General?

Vishok
29-06-2010, 20:35
Is using a Wight King as General in a 1000pt Vampire Counts army a good idea?

I can't see anything about if you MUST have a Vampire but I've only had a book a few hours...

I really want to get my Skeleton Lord digs on, and just because I want a Wight King as General.

Anyone ever done it?

Kurgash
29-06-2010, 20:39
This is the 40k forum, you accidentally clicked this. Can a mod please move this to the Fantasy boards?

Also, Vampire Counts rely on magic to win so you need as much spell power you can cram. Also, Vampires allow your army to march within a radius of him, they are vital.

Vishok
29-06-2010, 20:41
This is the 40k forum, you accidentally clicked this. Can a mod please move this to the Fantasy boards?

Oops, no wonder I couldn't find it in Fantasy Tactics. Thanks, mate.

Can a necromancer fill the slot for required spells?

sephiroth87
30-06-2010, 05:41
There's no reason to use one but fluff. The vampires do it all much better than the wight king (although he would be stellar in any other army :D ). But if you like it, make one and play with it. I don't think it will cripple the army to run one.

Kuolema
30-06-2010, 18:29
Pretty sure you HAVE to run at least 1 vamp as your general but I don't have my book on me.

edit: ok I can't sleep and have nothing better to do so I went and found my vamp book.

Page 88 underneth how much of what you can take in what point armies chat thing.

"A Vampire Counts army must always include at least one vampire character to act as it's general. If you include more than one Vampire, then the one with the highest leadership value is the general. When one or more vampires have the same(and highest) leadership, choose one to be the general at the start of the battle. Make sure your opponent knows which Vampire is your general when you deploy your army."

Crube
30-06-2010, 18:48
Thread moved to WFB Tactics

Crube
The Warseer Inquisition